vs. Texas Rangers, 6/4

weams

Damn, you're just brutal when you watch a game. Virtually nothing when we are winning and just pessimistic as hell when we aren't. I want to put you on suicide watch every night. Poor guy.

In Roy's defense, the Orioles are 8 games under .500 since this time last year. Not being able to bunt is a good illustration of why

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The most puzzling aspect of Buck's bunt and steal decisions is that when we were not hitting he didn't make those calls and now that we are hitting he does.

I agree with you here. I have to admit I didn't have as much negativity towards the bunt tonight though.

Not to be negative, but constructive... I think our coaches need to take a more realistic approach of how fast, exactly, our players are on the basepaths overall. Unless you see a few exceptional names on the bases, like "Lough", you don't do things like sacrificing to 3rd and aggressive double stealing in a close game.

Yes, Lough was out on a 3rd base stealing attempt just this inning, but if I were Buck, I'd send him in that situation again, because Lough is bloody fast. In that exact scenario he could easily be safe the next time, and the time after that.

But Lough is really an exception. Aside from him, many of our position players are just not fleet of foot. You can probably send them home from second base on a solid single, and you can probably send them home from first base on a solid double, but moves that require top-notch speed are too risky for most of our guys to make it. I'm not sure if the coaches and Buck are properly in tune with just how slow we are.

Archived