vs. Texas Rangers, 6/4

weams

He called for the bunt, but I'm basically sure he didn't call for the steal. Guys steal on their own almost always these days. I thought the bunt was a close call. Guy from minors, hitting a Buck something but recently better. Potato, potahto to me. I thought the steal was stupid and I thought Lough did it on his own.

Both runners were going, a double steal. So if Buck didn't call it, that meant they had to signal each other to jointly make the decision to go. Not saying that DIDN'T happen... I haven't played organized baseball since Little League and I quit when I was 10 so maybe that goes on... you would certainly know more than me. But I've never heard anyone talk about runners signalling each other, independent of manager/coach, to jointly decide to double steal.

EDIT: OK, I see you have answered this question. Have to read the whole thread before I post, sorry.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Nick, "all" we need is solid bullpen performances now to win this game. Bats going to sleep would be disappointing, but even if they do, this can be a "W" for Norris. We just need the rest of our bullpen to do what TJ did: bring your A game tonight.

Archived