Jim Johnson

Jonesy10

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like we got the best of Billy Beane on that one.

I'm still absolutely stunned that with their limited resources, as well as their abundance of young talented arms, they decided to waste millions of dollars on a shaky relief pitcher.

Seems like the exact opposite of everything beane preaches no?

Looking at his peripherals, what stands out is his high walk rate (5.32 per 9) and his high BABIP. Sounds like he's had command issues that have led him to walks and to leaving the ball in hittable spots at times. I was a big fan of JJ but I'm glad he's not our problem this year.

the marlins have made a lot of weird signings. i never understood why they got salty and jeff baker, it's not like they were contending this year. as for trading for JJ in his current state, i just don't get it at all

Uh they have the same record as the O's and are in the #1 wild card slot

Uh they have the same record as the O's and are in the #1 wild card slot

They did, however, just trade away their competetive balance pick because they did not want to spend the 1.4 million dollars. This Fernandez surgery devastates their business model.

Assuming Oakland is truly going to pick up JJ's salary for the year, then obviously they'll want something in return. I'm sure there's some desperate team out there who'll be willing to give up some pieces of value but I hope it's not us. Whatever we give up will be too much.

JJ = Chris Ray

Archived