Jim Johnson

Jonesy10

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under no circumstances would it be prudent to bring back Jim. He's rattled to the core and needs to play in anyplace other than Baltimore and now Oakland. Bringing him back will only apply more pressure (somehow) on top of a guy who is already succumbing to an endless supply of self-imposed pressure.

I get that he is nice and wants to do well, that is very adorable and I wish for a better outcome for him, but there is only one role for him now it seems in the MLB and that is pitching in games that you are already behind in.

Simply put, his luck is gone but his stuff went first. Now he is untrustworthy.

I definitely was in the camp that held him more responsible for last year's outcome and wanted him gone... Now though (after last night) I feel sorry for him. Bummer.

I can understand the feeling sorry for him... until I consider that he is being paid 10 million dollars to be putrid at his job. I feel more sorry for the A's fans that have 1/10 th of their cost of admission going to Jim Johnson.

I can understand the feeling sorry for him... until I consider that he is being paid 10 million dollars to be putrid at his job. I feel more sorry for the A's fans that have 1/10 th of their cost of admission going to Jim Johnson.

I'd hazard a guess that most people don't think that being highly paid exempts one from normal human emotions.

If he were willing to come back as a setup guy, middle reliever, I'd be happy to see him back here. Oakland can pay his salary and we can pick up the minimum. He was a very good reliever for the last two years at least. If he's injured or he's lost it, he can be released later on. If he gets back to where he was, he'd add depth to our bullpen.

At this point they still think that the get a prospect if they pay his salary. In fact, they deny that they are willing to do that.

The A's nearly traded right-hander Jim Johnson to the Marlins last week, so, they?re clearly willing to move him. Cafardo mentions the Orioles, Yankees, and Tigers as clubs that could have interest, but his rocky start and onerous contract make him a gamble.

The A's nearly traded right-hander Jim Johnson to the Marlins last week, so, they?re clearly willing to move him. Cafardo mentions the Orioles, Yankees, and Tigers as clubs that could have interest, but his rocky start and onerous contract make him a gamble.

Contract? Aren't the As willing to eat it? What risk is there really?

He blows AGAINST the Yankees so going there makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gamble is giving innings to a guy that can't get people out.

JJ doesn't give up the cookie to Lough and it is a one run game going into the 9th.

Then does Buck stay with O'Day or does he bring in Britton off a two inning performance the night before?

The A's deny that they will eat the contract. They would want a significant return were they to eat much of it.

I believe that they would not eat the whole contract. It has been said that the Marlins were unwilling to give the 1.4 million to the draft choice they traded. I suspect the A's were looking to have some salary relief and that is why it did not work.

Archived