2014 Orioles Draft Tracker

What do you know about Scott. Was it simply the Texas Tech commit that sent him here?

I know he throws hard. Haven't been able to find much else. My initial thought was Lex Rutledge, but a Rutledge profile wouldn't command this type of bonus. He must have been one of the guys Rajsich was referring to when he was talking about being surprised some of his top targets were still available.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know he throws hard. Haven't been able to find much else. My initial thought was Lex Rutledge, but a Rutledge profile wouldn't command this type of bonus. He must have been one of the guys Rajsich was referring to when he was talking about being surprised some of his top targets were still available.

Strikeouts per Game 11.21

Complete Games 4 out of 13 total appearances.

Per Roch today:

The Orioles announced the signing of two more draft selections - left-hander Matt Trowbridge (13th round) and right-hander Jean Cosme (17th)

We have to be nearing our limit. Where are they all going with all these pitchers?

Per Roch today:

The Orioles announced the signing of two more draft selections - left-hander Matt Trowbridge (13th round) and right-hander Jean Cosme (17th)

We have to be nearing our limit. Where are they all going with all these pitchers?

Everyone left except Schuh and Bonilla (and Anderson, but he's agreed already) is a HS/JC player with plenty of negotiating leverage. Apart from those two, I highly doubt anyone signs. Which is a shame, because Burland in particular looks like a nice prospect.

Thanks for clarifying, Weams. Have you heard anything on Schuh's chances of signing? Or is it possible his money already went toward signing a HS guy like Cosme because his demands were higher than they anticipated?

Thanks for clarifying, Weams. Have you heard anything on Schuh's chances of signing? Or is it possible his money already went toward signing a HS guy like Cosme because his demands were higher than they anticipated?

You lose the money from the slot if you do not sign a player. So I would guess they will sign him. No knowledge.

Okay, thanks. I totally forgot that the pool money in the first ten rounds must be spent on those slots or the money is forfeited, rather than used for picks after the first 10 rounds. I agree that it's likely Schuh signs, but he does have a year of eligibility left in college, so who knows. His leverage will never be higher unless he has an even better senior season and is able to improve his draft position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, thanks. I totally forgot that the pool money in the first ten rounds must be spent on those slots or the money is forfeited, rather than used for picks after the first 10 rounds. I agree that it's likely Schuh signs, but he does have a year of eligibility left in college, so who knows. His leverage will never be higher unless he has an even better senior season and is able to improve his draft position.

You would not improve your position as a senior. He probably will sign.

I have seen seniors improve their draft position before, but you are correct that it typically doesn't happen. Regardless, he will have even less leverage next year, so I agree it's likely that he signs, and the scout that tracked him probably knew in advance he would sign for less than 7th round slot money.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBDraft">@MLBDraft</a> signing: <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a> sign <a href="https://twitter.com/UCLAAthletics">@UCLAAthletics</a> LHP Max Schuh for $175K, $4.9K under pick value in 7th round.</p>— Jonathan Mayo (@JonathanMayoB3) <a href="

">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Looking at this draft, this is going to be a really bad one.

3rd Round - Brian Gonzalez - "Other" by Sickels

5th Round - David Hess - HM by Sickels (C+)

6th round - Tanner Scott - Ranked 7th by Sickels (B-/C+)

8th round - Steve Wilkerson - "Other" by Sickels

11th round - John Means - "Other" by Sickels

24th Round - Lucas Long - "Other" by Sickels

Who am I missing? Will this be the worst draft of this century to date?

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018/1/26/16938286/baltimore-orioles-top-20-prospects-for-2018

Archived