3rd Round - Brian Gonzalez - LHP (Archbishop McCarthy HS, FL)

Really? You mean the money and effort is wasted?

Yup cause a player in the 20th round might be the best player in draft.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he Overslot?

No that is about where the expected him to go based on the rankings. I just thought he would be a good pick to add to the pen. He has a great fastball in the mid to high 90's something i would like to add to our pen is some power pitchers. He is the brother of Zach Cosart who pitches for the Astros.

No that is about where the expected him to go based on the rankings. I just thought he would be a good pick to add to the pen. He has a great fastball in the mid to high 90's something i would like to add to our pen is some power pitchers. He is the brother of Zach Cosart who pitches for the Astros.

I agree with everything you said. I think we need another power arm in the pen too.

Except I believe his brother is Jarred. Zack Cozart is the shortstop for the Reds. Sorry to be nitpicky. Too many Cosart/Cozarts out there. :)

I agree with everything you said. I think we need another power arm in the pen too.

Except I believe his brother is Jarred. Zack Cozart is the shortstop for the Reds. Sorry to be nitpicky. Too many Cosart/Cozarts out there. :)

Your right when i typed it i was like hmm i am not sure that name is right but then though yeah it must be.

I would like them to select Curtiss here in the 4th round. He has some injury concerns but has already got TJ and was a top pitching prospect out of high school. He has another power arm and I think would be a quick mover if they keep him in the pen. We are going to have to take a few chances with some guys that have fallen because of injury concerns but to me a young pitcher that already has TJ surgery maybe better off anyway since so many young power arms are getting it done early on in the pros.

May not be an easy sign

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/baseball/broward/fl-mlb-draft-day-2-locals-0607-20140606,0,1458175.story

" Shortly after Ramos was taken, Archbishop McCarthy pitcher Brian Gonzalez was chosen by the Baltimore Orioles.

The 6-foot-3 left-handed pitcher is a Miami commit who was named the Sun Sentinel's Class 5A-4A-3A-2A Player of the Year. He was also named the Class 5A Player of the Year by the Florida Dairy Farmers.

Gonzalez said that he will talk with his parents about whether to play at Miami or go straight into the Orioles' organization. He said there was no set timeline but he hopes to have a decision soon ".

May not be an easy sign

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/baseball/broward/fl-mlb-draft-day-2-locals-0607-20140606,0,1458175.story

" Shortly after Ramos was taken, Archbishop McCarthy pitcher Brian Gonzalez was chosen by the Baltimore Orioles.

The 6-foot-3 left-handed pitcher is a Miami commit who was named the Sun Sentinel's Class 5A-4A-3A-2A Player of the Year. He was also named the Class 5A Player of the Year by the Florida Dairy Farmers.

Gonzalez said that he will talk with his parents about whether to play at Miami or go straight into the Orioles' organization. He said there was no set timeline but he hopes to have a decision soon ".

Hopefully he goes to College.

Archived