Embarrassed by Camden faithful- they boo Jim Johnson.

Rojo13

Gee whiz. I'm not really a boo'er, but some of you guys are too soft. Ever been to a game in NY? Philly? Ever sat near the field when Arod or Bonds played? Home fans in most places give opposing players bloody hell. I was at multiple games where the amount of crap heaped on bonds was unbelievable. And then he myomeres and shut people up for a while. Camden yards had the corporate, white collar reputation in the 90's, but I thought the crowd was more blue collar of late. I'm not a fan of booing per se, but if fans want to give the opposition hell then they should. If it rattled JJ, then that's great. As for the posters philosophizing about entitlement, effects of video games and other b.s. In this thread, you need to attend some football matches with the working poor in Latin America, England, etc. Good grief. The hand wringing in this thread is pretty pathetic.

Ditto. Ubaldo today is a good one to practice your booing. Chris Davis at bats are another one. I can't believe how quiet this crowd is. Seemed like the only person showing negative emotion was Buck- he got to the mound to yank Ubaldo before Moss even crossed the plate. Oh, and now the bases are loaded again for Brach as I type this- and all I hear are crickets.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts. Check his game log and you'll find these 13 saves where he came in with a 1 run lead, including 4 vs. Boston:

When you use words like "every" without checking the facts, there's a chance you'll fail.

I never said every in my posts. So reread my posts and realize you owe me an apology.

Last year 13-8 in 1 run games. Those are the facts.

I was at the game and really didn't hear any boos. "Smattering" is the absolute most I'd say. The vast majority of fans treated JJ just fine.

I feel bad for him. His body language on the mound showed he's not confident at all right now. It was a far cry from what he used to project. I hope he pulls it together, because he's a classy, stand-up guy.

I've been told this is quite accurate. Thanks.

Gee whiz. I'm not really a boo'er, but some of you guys are too soft. Ever been to a game in NY? Philly? Ever sat near the field when Arod or Bonds played? Home fans in most places give opposing players bloody hell. I was at multiple games where the amount of crap heaped on bonds was unbelievable. And then he myomeres and shut people up for a while. Camden yards had the corporate, white collar reputation in the 90's, but I thought the crowd was more blue collar of late. I'm not a fan of booing per se, but if fans want to give the opposition hell then they should. If it rattled JJ, then that's great. As for the posters philosophizing about entitlement, effects of video games and other b.s. In this thread, you need to attend some football matches with the working poor in Latin America, England, etc. Good grief. The hand wringing in this thread is pretty pathetic.

Totally agree. The O's fans are soft. Some booed. Who cares? JJ was dreadful last year.

I've been told this is quite accurate. Thanks.

I was at the game sitting in Lower LF. There were some loud boos in that area by a couple of people. It wasn't like JJ got a standing ovation so whatever boos there were stood out. It was like a polite golf clap by most people.

I didn't get the boos myself. We were up 4-1 on about as perfect a weather night as you could have. I have no issue with JJ to boo the man.

I never said every in my posts. So reread my posts and realize you owe me an apology.

Last year 13-8 in 1 run games. Those are the facts.

He clearly shows he was a fluke in 2012 when O's really had to try to lose games and when the pressure got amped up in 2013 he fold like a cheap chair every time.

I'll accept your apology...if you ever offer it.

Totally agree. The O's fans are soft. Some booed. Who cares? JJ was dreadful last year.

I think the charm of this city is that it isn't NY, Philly or Boston. It is passionate but without a lot of the venom from those cities. I have no issues with booing, I have done it many times. I just didn't get last night.

O's fans are soft?

The ones who don't like others booing. Yes. If JJ can't take being booed, he should find another profession. And if fans don't like it when others boo, they shouldn't go to the games.

I'm not saying all, but there seems to be a lot of wishy washy O's fans.

Gee whiz. I'm not really a boo'er, but some of you guys are too soft. Ever been to a game in NY? Philly?

NY fans are spoiled self-entitled dbags. Philly fans are just dbags.

If that is what Baltimorians want the city to be associated with then I agree, boo away.

NY fans are spoiled self-entitled dbags. Philly fans are just dbags.

If that is what Baltimorians want the city to be associated with then I agree, boo away.

I don't think anyone wants Baltimore to become NY or Philly. But I don't think it's wrong to let a player know that he stunk up the joint. Jimenez deserved to get booed out of Camden today.

Archived