MLB will suspend Machado for five games. Machado plans to appeal.

Greg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a method to this. Machado and the O's want him to get through the BOS and TOR games.

While there is truth to that, Manny should be smart enough to realize that his image and "brand" will be hurt far greater with this appeal than the Orioles would be without him on the field for this stretch.

While there is truth to that, Manny should be smart enough to realize that his image and "brand" will be hurt far greater with this appeal than the Orioles would be without him on the field for this stretch.

Nobody's image is hurt by an appeal. Try again.

Exactly. These games against TOR are big.

If we were talking about Nelson, Adam, Nick and maybe JJ, I could see the point.

One thread is about MM's possible demotion and one thread is about an appealed suspension so he doesn't miss important games. This is kind of a crazy board. The truth be known, the way MM has played, I don't see us missing him for 5 games that big a deal at this point in time.

Exactly. These games against TOR are big.

Do you think it will take Torre five days to decide on an appeal? I don't. And I don't think it will get cganged because of the nature of the violent and dangerous nature of Machado's actions. In the past, suspensions for intentional beanings have been upheld. I think this falls in that category..

AGREE. Why appeal? Especially after you've admitted it was wrong and apologized. Is it so important to drag this out further? Abad should be suspended too though IMO.

Why do people go to traffic court and plead guilty to the ticket?

they want a reduced fine.

I think three games would have been good enough to get the point acrossed and Abad not being suspended is a joke also.

Although I do think he meant to throw it,I don't think he intended on trying to hit any one. And him throwing a bat should not be deemed more serious than a pitcher intentionally trying to hit someone.

And who is knowledgeable enough to know if Manny did that on purpose? And if they are assuming based on recent actions in the series, then there is no reason Abad shouldn't be suspended also.

Archived