From Today's Callis Chat on ESPN

laxtonto

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im hearing that return aswell.

Wow. Let me just tell you what...I can't even begin to explain how excited I would be to have an outfield of Markakis, Jones, and Pie. A couple of years down the road we would have the best outfield in baseball. I find it hard to believe the Cubs would give that much up, but hey...anything is possible.

I've thought that for a while too. It would explain our insistence on him, but I haven't been sure if the Cubbies actually need him.

Well, if we put him in the closer role and he has a great year/half year in that role, we could get a nice return for him.

What do you think?

Wow. Let me just tell you what...I can't even begin to explain how excited I would be to have an outfield of Markakis, Jones, and Pie. A couple of years down the road we would have the best outfield in baseball. I find it hard to believe the Cubs would give that much up, but hey...anything is possible.

Anything is possible, and as we have seen so far this offseason....nothing is also possible :eek::D

Count me among the skeptics until these guys are wearing jerseys behind a podium in the warehouse, based on this offseason so far!

Well, if we put him in the closer role and he has a great year/half year in that role, we could get a nice return for him.

What do you think?

That's the only way it makes sense to get him in the first place. From Day 1, I have been wondering why we want him (and why SEA is willing to part with him).

Definitely not against it. Value is value.

To add to this though, the guy has been used as a situational lefty for the last few years and I've read that he is a big flyball pitcher who is helped out by Safeco. While we all assume that he can come in here, save a bunch of games, and get traded later, it might not be that easy.

This is stupid, why are we waiting for the M's deal with Bedard to get done?

If Gallagher and Pie are on the table for Roberts, it's gotta get done, asap.

One deal has nothing to do with the other.

It would if Sherrill were being added to the Cubs deal!

Archived