Kevin Gausman is expected to be removed from the Orioles' rotation when Miguel Gonzalez comes back.

Greg

I don't know if this has been posted. I prefer this from Roch last night...

FOXSports.com's Jon Morosi, who's here tonight, tweeted the following:

"Kevin Gausman tonight: 6 IP, 1 ER, on regular rest. Second straight quality start. If he's truly ready for MLB, the O's are dangerous."

:D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orioles righty Kevin Gausman has made a strong showing in his most recent MLB stint, and that could set him up for a more permanent big league assignment, reports Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun. The 23-year-old came into the year rated as the 20th prospect in the game by Baseball America. Having entered the season with 71 days of service to his credit, Gausman would line himself up for potential Super Two status down the line if he can stay up for most or all of the rest of the season.

Only DD and Buck really know what the plan is. There is likely no benefit to broadcasting that plan.

If I were a betting man I would bet on KG sticking in the rotation.

Especially if super two status is part of the equation.

I can understand super two status being a concern in a lot of scenarios, but this isn't one of those scenarios (at least not yet). Until KG proves he is not the missing piece of a team with playoff potential, I wouldn't let super two enter my mind.

I hope, and assume, the FO thinks the same way.

I can understand super two status being a concern in a lot of scenarios, but this isn't one of those scenarios (at least not yet). Until KG proves he is not the missing piece of a team with playoff potential, I wouldn't let super two enter my mind.

I hope, and assume, the FO thinks the same way.

I really have no idea who they are going to remove. I do find it interesting that the last few times through all the starters have given a quality start. I think this will be a very tough decision because basically anyone except Chen could be moved from the rotation. I think Chen is safe because is the only lefty. Anytime any of the guys that stay in the rotation have a bad start everyone will be saying you took the wrong guy out of the rotation.

I think Gonzalez gets his spot back, and the pressure is on the rotation to hold their jobs. Gausman had two nice starts, and I think the leash will be short for the 5 who opened the season in the rotation. I hope Bundy comes out and dominates Aberdeen too. Should make for a fun summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I really have no idea who they are going to remove. I do find it interesting that the last few times through all the starters have given a quality start. I think this will be a very tough decision because basically anyone except Chen could be moved from the rotation. I think Chen is safe because is the only lefty. Anytime any of the guys that stay in the rotation have a bad start everyone will be saying you took the wrong guy out of the rotation.

I think Bud is safe the way he has pitched. He is leading our team in ERA (as well as WHIP and IP) and has been the most consistent overall pitcher for us this year. I also think Ubaldo and Tillman are safe - for now - just due to their experience and past history.

That leaves Miguel. Do we like Gausman enough to send Miguel to the pen? I have no idea. I like both guys. I do think Miguel would be an asset in the bullpen and I want Gausman starting either for the Os or for Norfolk, so I guess I lean toward KG.

Here are the stats of the 6 guys since May 1st.

Gausman 3.71 ERA 1.24 WHIP

Norris 3.46 ERA 1.14 WHIP

Chen ERA 3.43 1.05 WHIP

Gonzalez 3.34 1.34 WHIP

Jimenez 3.88 ERA 1.35WHIP

Tilman 6 ERA 1.711WHIP

So Tilman is the clear guy but what do you do with him. I can't see them sending him to the pen as the first inning is his bad inning. The only option is to DL him but he says he is healthy.

Archived