o

BOLTON BOB

BOLTON BOB

BOLTON BOB

BOLTON BOB

BOLTON BOB

BOLTON BOB

BOLTON BOB

MANCAVE up and running. Bought a "new to us" van today to replace the one we sold.....Wife starts it up w/AC on............. comes inside to get me and her coffee....... doors automatically lock. AAA time.

She went to work late. :hearts: and has to stay over! :cool::cool: I have Filet Mignon, BP, along w'wings and cheese for app. Bar is stocked. Let's go O's! :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Did/do Elias & Co. really think he was/is ready for prime time? I can't believe they bent to pressure to bring him up. This is a cautionary tale that there is a big difference between spring training/AAA and the major leagues. I'm guilty as one who wanted to see him up, but this isn't working. It's really hard to watch. I feel for the kid.
    • I think he makes it through the road trip at least. Don't think they would be flying a prospect across the country. If he still looks lost at the plate ,can see him being sent down on the off day next Thursday. Or maybe they trade him to the A's for Blackburn, Gelof, Max Muncy and Mason Miller before the series.😀
    • Machado (207 games) vs. Henderson (202 games) 1. 7.5 bWAR vs. 8.0 bWAR 2. 912 PA vs. 835 PA 3. 239 hits vs. 194 hits 4. 21 HR vs. 38 HR 5. 97 RBI vs. 115 RBI 6. 8 SB's vs. 15 SB's 7. .279 BA vs. 259 BA 8. .309 OBP vs. 331 OBP 9. .435 SLG vs. .493 SLG 10. .744 OPS vs. .823 OPS 11. 101 OPS+ vs. 130 OPS+ 12. All-Star + Gold Glove + MVP-9 vs. ROY + Silver Slugger + MVP-8 Henderson was clearly more advanced offensively upon debuting, but he was 13 months older. Machado was the more fluid defender I'd say. It's super close in my opinion.
    • He can only play RF or DH.   Among players with 40+ PAs, Ryan O’Hearn leads the league in xwOBA at .531. He has a .950 OPS with .260 BABIP.  Despite not playing against lefties, I can’t see them decreasing O’Hearn’s role.  Adley often takes the DH spot vs lefties. I’m not sure if Elias/Hyde are fully comfortable yet with Kjerstad in RF.  He may be a downgrade from Tony defensively. Tony has struggled at the plate so far but he’s a streaky hitter that will be close to .800 OPS and 30 HRs when the season is over. It’s not a sure thing that we get better production from Kjerstad the rest of the way.  Replacing Tony with Kjerstad also makes us our lineup very lefty heavy. I don’t think Kjerstad is a massive upgrade from what we currently have in those spots given what we’ve seen in terms of MLB adjustment periods. Now maybe we can trade Tony or O’Hearn for a key piece while replacing most of their production.  However, it’s not clear what their trade value is in terms of MLB players - they will only be if interest to win-now teams who are unlikely to move top quality pitching. 
    • Should Holliday keep whiffing over the next 15-20 at-bats, Elias et al will certainly win my respect if they send him back down. I'm fine with Mateo and Urias. They both had great spring trainings and are fine defensive players who can man several different positions. Mateo adds speed and it's possible that we've been missing out on another torrid April from him (SSS but his 143 OPS+ with 3 doubles in 19 ABs implies we have been).  I would love it if Urias regains the batting prowess and power he showed in 2021-2022 and the '22 glove.
    • i think they have to make a trade for it to happen, no?  and, i agree with you.  he needs to be up here!
    • He just doesn't seem ready to me. The only thing to do is send him down. It's a huge leap from AAA to the majors and it's showing. And not just at bat where he looks like a single A guy trying to hit off Cy Young. He is really shaky in the field and even his throws seem slow. I think keeping him up here is a mistake for the team and for Jackson at this point. Let him go back to Norfolk and have him work on his fielding at second and fine tune his swing and his approach at bat. I feel bad for the kid but even worse if he continues to flail (and fail) at bat after at bat up here.  
  • Popular Contributors