Are there any Mets fans on OH site?

oriolediehard

I'm an Orioles fan living in Brooklyn, NY & I do follow the Mets closely and root for them on the National League side of things. (I was born the year after the 1969 World Series, so I don't feel as much animosity for UMCP-Alum Ron Swoboda and the gang as some more veteran fans).

It helps that I have a deep interest in Dominican baseball too, so the fact that the Mets are the first MLB club with a Dominican GM makes me really want them to hurry up and win a couple World Series before the O's dynasty goes on a 15-straight run. :D

(I think blueberryale is a Mets fan too)

(I think blueberryale is a Mets fan too)

You are correct sir! While I was in grad school at Rutgers I had a boss at my student job who was a huge Mets fan and talking about the Mets with him got me out of doing a lot of work, so I educated myself about them pretty thoroughly and they became my #2 team. I'm going to miss Gomez and Mulvey and I'm kind of sad they didn't get rid of Pelfrey, but I am quite happy they got Santana. I was pretty downright depressed about all baseball this winter until that trade happened. Now I have hope for at least one of my teams (even if it's the wrong one). I am still kind of bummed about the Milledge trade though. It was a kneejerk reaction and the outfield doesn't exactly look to great in the short term now that they've also traded Gomez.

How can you call yourself an "oriolesdiehard" and still root for another team? In my opinion, a diehard fan sticks exclusively to the team they consider themselves a die hard fan for.

My hunch is that he doesn't buy your opinion.

Me neither. I lived in the ATL area for 20+ years. I watched the Braves go from being terrible all the time to being good all the time. That doesn't make me not an O's fan. Dunno how long you've been an O's fan, but there's a pretty good chance I've been one longer.

My hunch is that he doesn't buy your opinion.

Me neither. I lived in the ATL area for 20+ years. I watched the Braves go from being terrible all the time to being good all the time. That doesn't make me not an O's fan. Dunno how long you've been an O's fan, but there's a pretty good chance I've been one longer.

Amen. Thank you!

Archived