Chris Davis should be getting more criticism

geimans35

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 straight Ks for Davis today and 4 RISP left.

How much more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if he has options, but honestly if he does.. I'd send him down til after the AS break. Let him try and fix his horrible swing in a bit of a no pressure environment. Having him come up and try and produce with RISP in a division rivalry game isn't cutting it. He needs to disconnect from his current ritual and re-establish himself. Pearce and Young aren't going to be on fire forever.. they are giving Davis and the team the perfect chance to send him down for a bit and get things straight.

I'd drop him in the order to 6th or 7th.

He's an accomplished big league hitter. The way he finished 2012 and his 2013 should earn him some more slack.

As far as the OP goes, I'm not sure what message board criticism does. He's sucking. Everyone knows it. But the teams still in the running for a playoff spot. What else needs to be said?

I'm fairly confident he can figure it out. We've seen glimpses of the same hitter he was last year, he just needs to be consistent.

EDIT: It should be noted that his on base percentage is about .120 higher than his batting average. That's excellent separation. Even if he was hitting .250 he'd probably be about .350 on base at least. He can get there pretty easily, IMO.

He's an accomplished big league hitter. The way he finished 2012 and his 2013 should earn him some more slack.

As far as the OP goes, I'm not sure what message board criticism does. He's sucking. Everyone knows it. But the teams still in the running for a playoff spot. What else needs to be said?

I'm fairly confident he can figure it out. We've seen glimpses of the same hitter he was last year, he just needs to be consistent.

EDIT: It should be noted that his on base percentage is about .120 higher than his batting average. That's excellent separation. Even if he was hitting .250 he'd probably be about .350 on base at least. He can get there pretty easily, IMO.

The thing is, he doesn't really belong in the lineup at all right now. The O's don't have any LH hitting options to replace him though.

But would Pearce at 1B and Young at DH be better against right handed pitchers?

No amount of spin doctoring can change the dreadful agonizing reality at the moment. Of course he can do better.. that's what makes it so hard to swallow. He's shown us, its probably. Now he's proving its just very unlikely. his OBP has gone from .390 to below league average at the 1st base position.

Archived