Sherrill to...Cubs?

BaltimoreTerp

See and everyone thought I was crazy when I brought it up the other day. Someone shot it down and I can't remember who though, either an insider or someone with ties to the Cubs.

So know two people are claiming MY idea :P

No really, I knew it wasn't likely to be original, just unseen by myself :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now Greg.....in all fairness...

How many "other" thoughts have you put on here that won't come to fruition? Is this a blind squirrel and an acorn scenario? You need to be honest with us now.:D

PS - just kidding, no harm meant...I just know that a lot of people say some really far out things on here and sooner or later, one of them will say. "See, I told ya!". But in all fairness, I thought that we'd look to move some extra pitching to fill some other holes, I just didn't know who we'd move.

This one may not come to fruition either, but it's still fun throwing a hundred ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks. :D

I like reading about ideas that seem a bit out of the normal realm of thought. It reminds me that there are soooo many others besides me that think about this stuff.

Right, cause you have the best leadoff hitter in the game.

lol, Roberts is good but he isn't the best leadoff hitter in the game. Ever heard of Ichiro or Jimmy Rollins or even Jose Reyes. Alfonso Soriano did just fine in the leadoff spot last year. Sure getting roberts would likely cause Sori to move down in the order but I don't want to trade for Roberts at the expense of Felix Pie when we already have Mark Derosa. Just doesn't make any sense.

lol, Roberts is good but he isn't the best leadoff hitter in the game. Ever heard of Ichiro or Jimmy Rollins or even Jose Reyes. Alfonso Soriano did just fine in the leadoff spot last year. Sure getting roberts would likely cause Sori to move down in the order but I don't want to trade for Roberts at the expense of Felix Pie when we already have Mark Derosa. Just doesn't make any sense.

I wasn't saying Roberts was the best leadoff hitter in the game, lol.

However I was saying that your leadoff hitter isn't exactly, well, a leadoff hitter.

Originally Posted by Sports Guy

I don't get why people don't understand the AM isn't doing anything until Bedard is dealt.

All these other theories are just reaches.

It is all about him dragging his feet...Nothing more, nothing less.

Duly noted, thank you.

Now that there's funny. :D

If Bavasi was told we were getting Pie back for BRob, after procuring the rumored Bedard to Seattle deal, he may have told AM that "Wait a sec, would you be willing to deal us Pie? I'll give up Triunfel for him."

Silly? Maybe, but it seems to make sense in some way.

Receiving

Baltimore> Jones, Triunfel, Gallagher, Murton, Tillman, Butler

Seattle> Bedard, Pie

Chicago> Roberts, Sherrill, Payton

Trading Away

Baltimore> Bedard, Roberts, Payton

Seattle> Jones, Tillman, Triunfel, Butler, Sherrill

Chicago> Pie, Gallagher, Murton

Thoughts?

I would need to see a 2B being moved to Baltimore somewhere in that trade. I think Patterson could easily be added to that list without having to give up more than we already have. The trade looks a little weak to me in our return. Now if we could throw in someone to get Clement and let them keep Butler, than I'd be all for it.:rolleyes:

I wasn't saying Roberts was the best leadoff hitter in the game, lol.

However I was saying that your leadoff hitter isn't exactly, well, a leadoff hitter.

Neither is Kevin Youkilis but that doesn't seem to stop the Sox from kicking everyone's tails. Or the Yanks from kicking everyone's tails back when Soriano was *their* leadoff hitter.

Perhaps that's because "leadoff hitter" isn't a position.

I would need to see a 2B being moved to Baltimore somewhere in that trade. I think Patterson could easily be added to that list without having to give up more than we already have. The trade looks a little weak to me in our return. Now if we could throw in someone to get Clement and let them keep Butler, than I'd be all for it.:rolleyes:

You don't like the idea of "Hernandez-to-Torres-to-Millar"?

Rather have Chen than Patterson... And I believe he could be replaced instead of Michilos or Butler & he's nearly ready. Has similar numbers at same age in minors to what Roberts had.

Neither is Kevin Youkilis but that doesn't seem to stop the Sox from kicking everyone's tails. Or the Yanks from kicking everyone's tails back when Soriano was *their* leadoff hitter.

Perhaps that's because "leadoff hitter" isn't a position.

Yes it is: it is the best person on your team at getting on base. Speed a plus, power a minus (should go a little further back).

In other words, Brian Roberts. Not Alfonso Soriano.

Yes it is: it is the best person on your team at getting on base. Speed a plus, power a minus (should go a little further back).

Ugh. Leadoff hitter is not a position. Shortstop is a position. Center field ia s position.

So Barry Bonds is a leadoff hitter then?

EDIT: WHOOPS! Just saw that power is a minus. :rolleyes:

Archived