For everyone that wants Steve Clevenger up take a listen to this

Greg

Buck didn't like when Matt went down he thought the job was his. He would check the lineup card to see where he was batting not worried about his D.

Never met the guy, a friend knows him, said he is a good guy. What do I know though.

This definitely makes sense to me. Buck has his nuggets and for whatever reason Clevenger isn't his nugget. Disappointing because he is the best of the 3 and not having him playing in the majors is hurting this team IMO (not significantly, but still).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amen!

I do like Flaherty's flexibility, but doesn't he have options? We can send him down and maybe his bat will get hot and help us down the stretch.

I think he does have options remaining. But he's clearly one of "Buck's guys."

Love Buck for instilling a sense of purpose/pride back into the O's organization. Do not love many of his personnel and in-game decisions.

Love Buck for instilling a sense of purpose/pride back into the O's organization. Do not love many of his personnel and in-game decisions.

Yep. Spot on.

He has THREE options remaining. Of course I don't really see the gain for him with being set down. If he hasn't learned on the job at the MLB level for the past 2 1/2 years I don't think a few weeks at AAA is going to change things.

He has THREE options remaining. Of course I don't really see the gain for him with being set down. If he hasn't learned on the job at the MLB level for the past 2 1/2 years I don't think a few weeks at AAA is going to change things.

Neither do I, really. Of course, you know that I don't think he has much value, period. His glove is OK, but I don't think it's good enough to warrant keeping him as a defense-only sub. And Lord knows his bat doesn't merit much attention.

Neither do I, really. Of course, you know that I don't think he has much value, period. His glove is OK, but I don't think it's good enough to warrant keeping him as a defense-only sub. And Lord knows his bat doesn't merit much attention.

I don't have huge expectation for utility infielders. I don't think there is reason enough to replace him in that role.

"I don't want to see Ryan Flaherty anymore...I don't want to see him get any more at-bats. I don't want to see David Lough get any more at bats."

Wow, Britt. Wow.

My heart's all a-flutter.

Seriously. Britt is easily the best reporter of this team.
Best we have had for a long, long time.

I think Britt is a very good reporter. That doesn't mean her opinions about Lough and Flaherty are correct, or that she is a better judge of baseball talent than someone who is not as good a reporter as she is. She's a good reporter because she writes well, asks good questions and will actually follow up with a tougher question when someone is just towing the party line. That has nothing to do with her opinions about players' abilities.

By the way I'm not saying this because I disagree with her opinions on Lough and Flaherty. I have significant reservations about both players.

I don't have huge expectation for utility infielders. I don't think there is reason enough to replace him in that role.

There's a reason if the true gap between his glove at 2B (primarily) and Weeks or Lombo is small enough to be mitigated by a greater increase in offensive output. If Flaherty returns to playing once every week or two, it's a probably non-issue, but he's played in 6 out of the last 10 games. That's too much for someone who brings so little to the table.

I think Britt is a very good reporter. That doesn't mean her opinions about Lough and Flaherty are correct, or that she is a better judge of baseball talent than someone who is not as good a reporter as she is. She's a good reporter because she writes well, asks good questions and will actually follow up with a tougher question when someone is just towing the party line. That has nothing to do with her opinions about players' abilities.

By the way I'm not saying this because I disagree with her opinions on Lough and Flaherty. I have significant reservations about both players.

I happen to agree with her opinions, but I posted my "impressed" response because she actually had the stones to say the things she did without a PC filter. That's refreshing, regardless of the opinion being voiced.

Archived