For everyone that wants Steve Clevenger up take a listen to this

Greg

Was able to see his past 7 game stats on cbssports. Not counting the Tampa Bay game on the 16th (it must have been before or during that game when I saw it) he was 6 for 15 (0.400) with a homerun in his previous 5 starts. I'm not sure how he was doing before that, that's as far back as I have found for daily stats.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't Flaherty hitting in the upper 300's in June? I'm almost certain I remember seeing some stats regarding his past 10 games or so and he was around .380 or something.

Seems like an odd time to say you don't ever want to see him bat again. I could be wrong about the stats though, but I'm almost certain I saw that in the past 2 or 3 days sometime on MASN.

Split	G	GS	PA	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	SB	CS	BB	SO	BA	OBP	SLG	OPS	TB	GDP	HBP	SH	SF	IBB	ROE	BAbip	tOPS+	sOPS+Apr/Mar	20	18	71	64	8	12	3	0	0	3	0	0	6	14	.188	.268	.234	.502	15	1	1	0	0	0	0	.240	67	45May	10	9	36	33	2	8	2	0	1	6	0	0	1	6	.242	.306	.394	.699	13	1	2	0	0	1	0	.269	131	96June	6	5	18	17	2	5	0	0	1	1	0	0	1	6	.294	.333	.471	.804	8	0	0	0	0	0	0	.400	165	125

He's 1 for his last 7 w/3 K's though, so that might be where the "what have you done for me lately" angst is coming from.

EDIT: For some reason the table shows up fine in preview but not in post. The numbers for June are .294 .333 .471 .804.

How did Joseph improve his D so much the last couple years? There was talk of him being an all hit catcher and potentially getting moved out from behind the plate. Did he just work that hard at it?

In short, yes it was from hard work and dedication. I've seen Joseph catch a lot over the years and never thought he was terrible back there. His ability to throw out runners has improved but a lot of that is better foot work that contributes to a quicker release. The key thing for Joseph is his love of the game. I've had many conversations over the years with him and he's always willing to break down his pitchers. He was like a coach and that told me he had the aptitude to be a great defensive catcher. I can definitely see him becoming a coach or a manager one day, but hopefully that's after a nice major league career.

He's going to hit better. He may never be a plus hitting catcher but he's a better hitter than he's shown, and his oppo double last night tells me he's starting to make some adjustments since pitchers have been pitching him away and he's been trying to pull everything.

Isn't Flaherty hitting in the upper 300's in June? I'm almost certain I remember seeing some stats regarding his past 10 games or so and he was around .380 or something.

Seems like an odd time to say you don't ever want to see him bat again. I could be wrong about the stats though, but I'm almost certain I saw that in the past 2 or 3 days sometime on MASN.

Flaherty is batting .281/.343/.500/.843 over his last 11 game (35 PAs). He's a slow starter who always starts to hit better in June. I like Britt as a reporter, but her comments about "never wanting to see Flaherty" again was a bit unprofessional and made her sound like a fan. Flaherty should be getting more playing time at 2B until he stops hitting honestly.

When a guy's case is "he's six for his last 15" he better be polishing his resume.

I know we already traded for hundley but now that wieters is done for the year, our number one trade deadline target should be a solid starting catcher.

If we want to be serious playoff contenders, we can't start a guy who can't obp his own weight.

Id love for him to step it up and make this a moot point though because his defense is quite valuable.

There's a reason if the true gap between his glove at 2B (primarily) and Weeks or Lombo is small enough to be mitigated by a greater increase in offensive output. If Flaherty returns to playing once every week or two, it's a probably non-issue, but he's played in 6 out of the last 10 games. That's too much for someone who brings so little to the table.

At least he is a utility infielder. I have no idea why Lough is on the team. There is zero chance someone claims him if he is sent down.

At least he is a utility infielder. I have no idea why Lough is on the team. There is zero chance someone claims him if he is sent down.

I know that if you are used to watching Cruz, Jones and Markakis in the field you might not know what range is, but Lough has it.

Sure you do, you just don't want to concede any points. He has plus defense, had a good 2013, is a good baserunner, and is probably a halfway decent hitter going forward.

Archived