Kershaw Throws No Hitter-Strikes Out 15

Il BuonO

The only guy he didn't SO was Tulo. He had a perfect game and was let down on a relatively easy play by Hanley Ramirez.

He was at 94 on the last hitter who he struck out. The 15 he struck out sets a new career high.

A simply masterful performance.

Wonder what the game score is on something like that. 15 K no walks. Wow.

<iframe src='http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=33848827&topic_id=8878826&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Man that was a pretty easy play that Hanley blew. Shoulda been a perfect game.

It's only been recently that I've thought a lot about how pitchers get 100% credit for no hitters, and whole careers defined by no-hitters or perfect games or blown no-hitters (Vander Meer, Larsen, Haddix). But no hitters are mostly dependent on defense and luck and park and official scorers. It's the whole pitcher win argument writ large.

John Lee Richmond threw the first perfect game in MLB history in 1880. But almost as amazing the no hits were the zero errors in the game by Richmond's Worchester team. The average NL game of 1880 saw 4.3 errors per team. So much in baseball is attributed to the individual that is really a mashup of team responsibilities.

Strikeouts don't particularly inflate pitch counts, walks do.

Mark Buehrle averages 6.6 innings and 101 pitches per start, or 15.3 pitches per inning. Yu Darvish, at twice the K rate, averages 6.6 innings and 108 pitches per start, or 16.3 pitches per inning.

So just about the most extreme variances in K rate among starters yields one pitch per inning.

102 second only to Wood's 20 strikeout game.

I watched the first few innings, very impressive.

I was there with a client-IN THE PARKING LOT! Lol, me and an associate actually did catch a few innings when we went inside to use the facilities.

He was dealing.

102, huh, that's nothing. Joe Oeschger and Leon Cadore had game scores of 153 and a 140 in the same game.

That's great. Wimps...only 26 innings and they had to call it a tie? Guessing light is probably the only reason they stopped, the game time was listed at only 3 hours and 50 minutes.

What a performance by Kershaw!

That's great. Wimps...only 26 innings and they had to call it a tie? Guessing light is probably the only reason they stopped, the game time was listed at only 3 hours and 50 minutes.

What a performance by Kershaw!

That game time is less than your standard 9 inning Yankees/Red Soxs game!

Archived