MacPhail: Angelos didn't veto Bedard deal - per AM

Mark J

That is complete bull. AM just said that he didn't nix any deals and that they are on the same page.

Perhaps this is how MacPhail operates? Perhaps he really IS running the ship?

He drew the Weiters thing out until he very last possible second also.

People WANT Angelos to be the bad guy because they want someone to blame.

No...PA HAS BEEN the bad guy and deserves most of the blame.

Whether that is true or not since AM has been here or not is unknown at this moment.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. I totally expected him to say "Yeah, my Boss vetoed the deal, handcuffed my ability to do my job, and is just as bad as the media said." There's no way he'd say "No" if it wasn't the truth. I guess PA is a totally changed man. Case closed. :rolleyes:

I think he would have said all of those things, when given his resignation!:P

Well he should expect all the questions then because the longer he keeps from pulling the trigger, the more speculation runs rampant and people get impatient. Though I think most of us are at the point of apathy. I'm not quite there yet but I'm coming close...

A deal should not take this long as Billy Beane has illustrated. MacPhail has created his own mess and now he has to live with it. People want this done and over with.

We don't know what's gone on with what in terms of this deal. What mess has Mcphail created? It's none of our business if Mcphails strategy is to keep it close to him. Everyone and their mother loves to speculate and bash the Orioles because when they don't know anything, it's Angelos's fault.

The New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, bad luck and PA.

I can't tell if you're being serious but the Yankees and Boston might keep us out of the postseason but they have nothing to do with 11* losing seasons.

The only bad luck I've seen is that I became a fan of the Orioles because I was born here. Stupid parents...D'OH!

*Includes the '08 season

I think he would have said all of those things, when given his resignation!:P

I highly doubt he would resign now over a man he's known for years acting like the man he's known for years. He knew what he was getting into. The only people who would be surprised by PA vetoing a deal are the numerous people suddenly giving him the benefit of the doubt.

We don't know what's gone on with what in terms of this deal. What mess has Mcphail created? It's none of our business if Mcphails strategy is to keep it close to him. Everyone and their mother loves to speculate and bash the Orioles because when they don't know anything, it's Angelos's fault.

Well there wouldn't be this much frenzy if MacPhail would have just pulled the trigger back in say - December...

And now he's gone back on his deadline of tomorrow saying it is up in the air.

It's almost like he is trying to piss the Oriole fans off... :rolleyes:

I can tell you this though when this deal is over with, teams are going to take a long hard look at the Orioles before dealing with them, excluding the Cubs. Instead of Angelos meddling, you have to deal with MacPhail sabotaging his own deals...

I highly doubt he would resign now over a man he's known for years acting like the man he's known for years. He knew what he was getting into. The only people who would be surprised by PA vetoing a deal are the numerous people suddenly giving him the benefit of the doubt.

You're crazy if you think he wouldn't resign if PGA wasn't letting him run the show. He has made it a point to say numerous times that he is in charge.

That is complete bull. AM just said that he didn't nix any deals and that they are on the same page.

Perhaps this is how MacPhail operates? Perhaps he really IS running the ship?

He drew the Weiters thing out until he very last possible second also.

People WANT Angelos to be the bad guy because they want someone to blame.

As much as we hardly ever agree on anything, I'm with ya on this.

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I knew people would just be saying that MacPhail is covering PA's arse.

Well, Sonny, that's 3 people who have commented on your "People want Angelos to be the Bad Guy quote". How about a clearly stated opinion on how he is not the bad guy. His entire career as the owner speaks for itself, but I'm ready to listen to your side.

Why is it so important that these deals get done before some imaginary timeline? I think the start of the season is about the time to get concerned, not now and certainly not in December. AM's timing in getting rid of Tejada couldn't have been better. I don't understand why everyone is so crazy that this should have all happened by now. I can't wait until AM gets these deals done so there won't be so many insane posts, but I could care less if he is totally open in the media. If he doesn't get something done, he will have to answer questions. If he does, a lot of people on here are going to have very selective memories when reflecting on their posts over the past few months.

Archived