Trade Targets....

EagleOriole

You keep repeating about career numbers. Their 2014 numbers are nearly identical vs. lefties as well. Why are you ignoring this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because there is a difference between facing the entire lineup several times and coming in to get one guy out.

Honestly, I'm not completely sold on Saunders. I threw the idea out there because of the timing of both guys being DFA, because Saunders did well for the O's in 2012, and because I have no faith left in Matusz. I thought it might prompt an interesting conversation.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, if you want the Orioles to pick up that third lefty in the pen to supplant Matusz, here are some names:

Mike Dunn, MIA

James Russell, CHC

Wesley Wright, CHC

Oliver Perez, ARI

Joe Thatcher, ARI

Brian Duensing, MIN

Neal Cotts, TEX

Tony Sipp, HOU

All these guys are on a FA contract or in their arbitration years. All of them play for teams currently under .500. None of those teams are in division. And none of the players will cost much to trade for.

Alright, if you want the Orioles to pick up that third lefty in the pen to supplant Matusz, here are some names:

Mike Dunn, MIA

James Russell, CHC

Wesley Wright, CHC

Oliver Perez, ARI

Joe Thatcher, ARI

Brian Duensing, MIN

Neal Cotts, TEX

Tony Sipp, HOU

All these guys are on a FA contract or in their arbitration years. All of them play for teams currently under .500. None of those teams are in division. And none of the players will cost much to trade for.

Getting a lefty reliever is the one trade that I think happens this month.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those asking: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Padres?src=hash">#Padres</a> do not plan to trade Smith now that they?ve signed him. Idea is to keep him.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived