Trade Targets....

EagleOriole

False. He is hitting very well this season, has a high obp, can steal bases (something we sorely lack) and has some pop.

As has already been mentioned, his defense isn't THAT bad.

I would be ok with Murphy for the right price. Not giving up Bundy, Harvey, KG for him.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still like Prado from Arizona. This price on his contract is not great but if we can get them to eat maybe 3 miilion a year and send a guy like Matusz for him I would like it. Let Prado play 2nd this season and then next season you let Hardy walk move Manny to SS and slide Prado over to third with Schoop taking over 2nd. So your basically just swapping Hardy for Prado the next two season and paying2 years 16 million which is about the amount I would pay Hardy though I think he gets a 3 year 30 million dollar deal.

And yet many say it is.
UZR says its - 5 RS on average. He's a plus two RC on average. Do the math. You expect to get a 1.5 total R out of Shoop/Flaherty? I don't, and Murphy is having a better than average year so far both with the bat and the glove.

I still like Prado from Arizona. This price on his contract is not great but if we can get them to eat maybe 3 miilion a year and send a guy like Matusz for him I would like it. Let Prado play 2nd this season and then next season you let Hardy walk move Manny to SS and slide Prado over to third with Schoop taking over 2nd. So your basically just swapping Hardy for Prado the next two season and paying2 years 16 million which is about the amount I would pay Hardy though I think he gets a 3 year 30 million dollar deal.

That idea has some appeal. Ultimately I would like to see Manny at SS were I believe long term his highest value will be. The other upside of Prado is his flexibility can play multiple positions

FWIW, Cashner has been scratched from his start tomorrow, per Heyman:https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/480906500483719168

While it could certainly be another injury, Rotoworld speculates as to at least the possibility of a trade:

No reason has been given as to the reason for the scratch, but with a change in management on Sunday, a trade is certainly a possibility. As Tim Dirkes of MLB Trade Rumors noted earlier, Odrisamer Despaigne will be recalled from Triple-A El Paso to start in his place.

Braves fans will still say Adam Jones isn't enough for Prado.

Well... they did get Justin Upton AND Chris Johnson for him ;)

Great trade - and the Braves are my favorite NL team. I'd rather find the next Chris Johnson than trade for Prado. I think a lot of Prado's perceived value is from him being durable. I've followed him since he was in the minors - and he wasn't a top prospect - and he's a guy who's made it because he's worked harder than anyone else. That speaks great for his character and reliability, but it also means he doesn't have a real high ceiling. And he gets paid well - he's not paid like someone with a low ceiling. Not that he hasn't earned it - he has.

Archived