Favorite Orioles Role Players

Scrat1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really depressing that it took 78 posts for someone to say the name Sal Fasano. Y'all should be ashamed. Sal Fasano is everything great about baseball wrapped up in one big man.

I also really dug Jeff Manto back in the day. During a three-game span in June back in '95 he had five home runs over six at-bats, including four in four consecutive official at-bats. That rocked pretty hard.

Really depressing that it took 78 posts for someone to say the name Sal Fasano. Y'all should be ashamed. Sal Fasano is everything great about baseball wrapped up in one big man.

I also really dug Jeff Manto back in the day. During a three-game span in June back in '95 he had five home runs over six at-bats, including four in four consecutive official at-bats. That rocked pretty hard.

Sal's pals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fasano always reminded me of a kid I went to high school with. He had the best year of his career in Baltimore. 11 home runs but only 20 rhis lol. I wonder if that's the least amount of rbis for an 11 homer season ever. I doubt it.

For some reason I found Xavier Avery's 107 PA of replacement level preformance in 2012 very enjoyable.

Also, not much mention of Robert Andino yet? The epic Sox collapse probably doesn't happen if not for his series of big hits that September.

Watching Xavier Avery bat was excruciating but I really wanted him to succeed. I remember his home run.

• 3 months later...

o

He wasn't my favorite Orioles role player, but today is Dave Skaggs' 64th birthday.

Skaggs was the Orioles' 2nd string catcher from 1977-1980, before he was traded to the Angels.

Skaggs was fortunate enough to be able to play in a World Series (1979), which a lot of great players never had the chance to do.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/skaggda01.shtml

Happy birthday Dave, wherever you are.

• 5 months later...

Archived