vs. Ray 6/28

Greg

Bedded has given up 49 base runners in his last 28 innings. He is awful. Our offense is even worse though. Just laughable.

Your conclusion is "laughable" because of the way you cherry-picked your stats. Bedard's performance in six of his 2014 starts:

April 29 @ Fenway: 5 innings, 1 ER

May 4 @ Yankee Stadium: 6 innings, 1 ER

May 10 vs. Cleveland: 6 innings, 1 hit, 0 ER

May 15 @ Anaheim: 5.67 innings, 0 ER

May 22 vs. Oakland: 5.33 innings, 1 ER

June 6 vs. Seattle: 6 innings, 0 ER

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen,I get the annoyance by the fans who think complainers(like me) don't "understand the game" or the fact that baseball is a game where it"happens". That said, why can't WE be annoyed by this teams TOTAL inability to make adjustments by a guy who isn't throwing hard, and get a good start by a guy who was viewed as one of the top pitchers in the rotation in a series where we need to play well to keep pace in a tight AL East race.Sure, we can't win em all, but this Rays team is almost punchless and we don't face Price or Archer,and we would be fortunate to split this series.Oh, i know "its happens".

Chen set the tone today. Had he held them to 3 runs that really could have made a huge difference. When you give a pitcher with great command a 5 run lead, that is a brutal combination. I get your frustration, we haven't had a real long stretch of quality baseball all year. We did go 19-10 after a 1-4 start but it didn't feel like anything special.

Let me make it simpler. Good teams win games they need to win.

Why is today's game one we have to win anymore than any other game we've played this year? Toronto "needed" to win last night and today against the White Sox, right? They lost both. They must be absolutely pathetic (in first place).

Chen set the tone today. Had he held them to 3 runs that really could have made a huge difference. When you give a pitcher with great command a 5 run lead, that is a brutal combination. I get your frustration, we haven't had a real long stretch of quality baseball all year. We did go 19-10 after a 1-4 start but it didn't feel like anything special.

Chen didn't have it today. Decent curve, decent velocity, no command whatsoever. Hangers galore.

The tone was set when Pearce got a 1 out double and Jones swings at ball 4 and Cruz didn't see 1 strike. Who knows what happens in a 1-1 game.

Slow, slower and slowest. Hate to admit it too but he's been masterful.

Stu Miller was a lot of fun to watch--still one of my favorites.

Ryan Webb K's the side, incl. Longoria! Brach, Hunter, Webb's been very nice.

The tone was set when Pearce got a 1 out double and Jones swings at ball 4 and Cruz didn't see 1 strike. Who knows what happens in a 1-1 game.

I do, you complain about how pathetic the offense is, how we're going to blow the game, and on and on and on. The Song Remains The Same.

I do, you complain about how pathetic the offense is, how we're going to blow the game, and on and on and on. The Song Remains The Same.

I think how the 2014 Orioles first 39 home games gives us a right to complain.

The tone you see and the one I see are not the same. Erik Bedard has pitched an excellent game--his 7th in 15 starts this season.

Archived