Orioles messing with Gausman again what's new.

Greg

No my frustration is watching Gonzo get rocked this Friday when we got a stud just sitting in single A ball for no reason.

You and I need to talk about what we think and not judge the way professionals are handling their jobs. That you and I do not have the skill set to do that. We simply do not know enough to make those kind of blanket statements. And when we do, we are bragging about skills we do not have.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Danny Duffy made 20 starts with the Royals in 2011 then went up and down with starting for their minor league team and with the Royals. He is now 25 years age so it is a different story what so ever. So they moved him all over the place the last two years. Ventura has been with the Royals since he was 18 and had 450 IP in the minors gomming into this season. Gausman had 97 they are not comparible at all.
It is something that major league teams do. And that amateurs complain about.

No my frustration is watching Gonzo get rocked this Friday when we got a stud just sitting in single A ball for no reason.

In all honesty, and I'm not picking on you, do you think that TJ gives the team a better chance to win than Gonzo? One of them has to pitch this weekend in Fenway.

I agree that none of us have the information that management has. It APPEARS as though we "skip"Gausman a lot though.They have their reasons, I'm sure. But I liked what Gausman did for us.

He would be done on September 18th the other way. I like him as our number three starter as well.

I agree with what Jim Palmer said during the broadcast of Gausman's last outing. He said when you are a hot pitcher you want the ball every fifth day. He also said his pitching schedule was changed so much it would be very difficult to come back with the same effectiveness he had before the layoff. Confidence means so much when you are a pitcher. A case in point is Jake Arrieta. The O's have totally mishandled Gausman.

I agree with what Jim Palmer said during the broadcast of Gausman's last outing. He said when you are a hot pitcher you want the ball every fifth day. He also said his pitching schedule was changed so much it would be very difficult to come back with the same effectiveness he had before the layoff. Confidence means so much when you are a pitcher. A case in point is Jake Arrieta. The O's have totally mishandled Gausman.

Nice opinion. Many things are in play that we do not have in our knowledge that makes a definitive opinion like yours or anyone else one not on the inside, just that. An opinion. It's not a fact. Jake Arrieta was not messed with. He stated several opening days. He failed as an Oriole. I have an opinion that Kevin won't.

Nice opinion. Many things are in play that we do not have in our knowledge that makes a definitive opinion like yours or anyone else one not on the inside, just that. An opinion. It's not a fact. Jake Arrieta was not messed with. He stated several opening days. He failed as an Oriole. I have an opinion that Kevin won't.

First of all I was giving you Jim Palmer's perspective. Go back and look at the transcript of the MASN broadcast. I respect Palmers' opinion. He has pitched in the big leagues. I said Arietta is pitching with a lot of confidence right now. Did you watch him last night? I didn't say anything about Jake Arrieta as an Oriole. The fact is Gausman was on a roll and developing confidence. Anyone that has played a sport at a high level knows how importance confidence is. When you are on a roll you want to be out on the field.

First of all I was giving you Jim Palmer's perspective. Go back and look at the transcript of the MASN broadcast. I respect Palmers' opinion. He has pitched in the big leagues. I said Arietta is pitching with a lot of confidence right now. Did you watch him last night? I didn't say anything about Jake Arrieta as an Oriole. The fact is Gausman was on a roll and developing confidence. Anyone that has played a sport at a high level knows how importance confidence is. When you are on a roll you want to be out on the field.

I like Jim Palmer a lot. He often has good perspectives. He's a Hall of Famer.You are entitled to your opinions on how this all plays out. None of us including Jim has the facts on this.

That makes good sense about the confidence.

Jim Palmer is reinforcing his opinion further. He hates what is happening with him. Again.

I wonder if vatech1994 is gonna neg rep him like he did me here.

Jim Palmer is reinforcing his opinion further. He hates what is happening with him. Again.

Bingo. Jim Palmer knows what's up.

This organization is a joke when it comes to developing pitchers and getting them to the majors. Yet we want to give them the benefit of the doubt?

I wish someone would write a chronological write-up of all the call-ups, drops, and everything in between for Kevin Gausman over the last 2 years.

It's a joke, really.

Archived