Steve Pearce is...

Al Pardo

Is awesome. Works the count, good .OBP...ideal #2 as we have said prior to his full time play as of late. He has been a godsend for this team. Keep it up Steve!

Even when he isn't hitting..he is working the pitches...getting walks...LOVE It.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably unsustainable. Or maybe he has turned a corner (will probably not perform at this level even if he has turned a corner, though). I feel confident having him as a LF/DH/1B regular for next year. With Cruz gone, I'd like to see us have a legitimate LH LF bat to rotate with him whether obtained externally or internally (hank?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is awesome. Works the count, good .OBP...ideal #2 as we have said prior to his full time play as of late. He has been a godsend for this team. Keep it up Steve!

Even when he isn't hitting..he is working the pitches...getting walks...LOVE It.

That last walk tonight was not one you would ever see AJ getting. Some great takes. Davis' BB as well. 8 P only two strikes, both of which he fouled. He could of walked twice if the ump wasn't still in diapers.

In the winning years, there were the core stars but also Steve Pearce-like contributors like Merv Rettenmund (who Pearce reminds me a bit of, though Merv was better defensively), Curt Blefary, John Loewenstein, Gary Roenicke, Kiko Garcia, etc. Winning is when all the surprises happen in one summer!

Very nice post. Thanks.

That last walk tonight was not one you would ever see AJ getting. Some great takes. Davis' BB as well. 8 P only two strikes, both of which he fouled. He could of walked twice if the ump wasn't still in diapers.

My favorite call of the night was Palmer talking about how Jones swung at ball four and before he was done, jones blasted a souvenir into the left field stands.

Raul Ibanez had only 518 plate appearances at age 28 with a .241 average. From ages 30 to 37 he hit .291 with an average of 24 hr and 97 rbi a year. He had 27 home runs before age 30 and ended his career with 303. Pearce could do something similar.. its not outside the realm of possibility.

I just love Pearce's approach right now. He knows exactly what he wants to hit, looks for it, lays off bad pitches, fouls off good pitches and his bat speed through the inside part of the zone is remarkable right now. Jayson Werth's late blooming also comes to mind.

Raul Ibanez had only 518 plate appearances at age 28 with a .241 average. From ages 30 to 37 he hit .291 with an average of 24 hr and 97 rbi a year. He had 27 home runs before age 30 and ended his career with 303. Pearce could do something similar.. its not outside the realm of possibility.

But...... but..... but......

If Pearce became that ...wow that would be awesome. Not gonna bet the house he does that but man the guy is going good.

Archived