Steve Pearce is...

Al Pardo

Pearce didn't have a bad season in 2013, his OPS was over 700 in over 100 at bats. I think he can get 800+ this season, it's not unrealistic and he's not doing it with luck, his hits have been good ones.

But Frank Robinson had eggs and bacon for breakfast on May 13th, 1968.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean, how long until we can assume he's a 1.000 OPS player for the foreseeable future? I'd say that might be a while. After 174 PAs with the O's David Newhan had a .979 OPS.
No, how long before we can say he has made an adjustment to hitting RHP and is no longer just a role player/platoon type. Right now he is in an incredible hot streak. But it has lasted for over two months. Basically he didn't start playing until May 1 and since then has started 36 G, played in 45 for 167 PA, and .347 .407 .633 1.041 That seems like more than just a hot streak. 188 PA is the most he has ever gotten in any season prior.

Pearce is now 12th in WAR just behind Adam Jones with just half of the at bats as the rest of the leaders…is it possible he makes the All Star team.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/sort/WARBR/league/al/year/2014/seasontype/2

Seems unlikely they will likely invite some undeserving Yankee or Red Sox schmuck but simply on performance the guy deserves on hell of a long look IMO.

Seems unlikely they will likely invite some undeserving Yankee or Red Sox schmuck but simply on performance the guy deserves on hell of a long look IMO.

Is the Allstar game AL or NL this year? Only reason iask is because if it was in aNL park. Could you imagine the entire AL OF being Os. Cruz Jones and Pearce. I wonder if thats ever happened before.

Tropical storm today in Boston, earthquake tomorrow. The "Green Monster" is shaking in fear. It is soon going to receive a major "Pearcing." The only hope for the "Green Monster" is for Pearce to elevate those bullets over the wall.

Steve Pearce is... someone the Yankees let get away.

The last time the O's played the Yankees, Suzyn Waldman (one of the WFAN pbp announcers) kept asking in disbelief, "What did the Orioles do with this guy? We had Pearce last year and he was nowhere this good!"

Girardi must have seen something in Pearce because I recall him batting clean-up a few times, although, of course, there were times last season (pre-Soriano, before Tex's return) when they had no one else to put there.

The last time the O's played the Yankees, Suzyn Waldman (one of the WFAN pbp announcers) kept asking in disbelief, "What did the Orioles do with this guy? We had Pearce last year and he was nowhere this good!"

Girardi must have seen something in Pearce because I recall him batting clean-up a few times, although, of course, there were times last season (pre-Soriano, before Tex's return) when they had no one else to put there.

The way Cruz and Davis are hitting lately Buck might consider this when Manny gets back.

Archived