Anyone see Ortiz?

lormat

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Chris Davis did that everyone here would be applauding it as a boss move.

Personally I thought it was funny. It was obvious to everyone that they had no intention of throwing a strike to him there.

Personally I thought it was funny. It was obvious to everyone that they had no intention of throwing a strike to him there.

No, nobody would call it a boss move. The fact that you think it is speaks only to you.

I was gonna ask what the context of this was?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate Papi and all of his antics, but before I bash him, I'd like to know what was going on here.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate Papi and all of his antics, but before I bash him, I'd like to know what was going on here.

3-0 count. Walks out (and I imagine struts) straight to 1B.

Douche.

Context was that it was essentially an intentional walk because all the pitches before the last were way off the plate and all in the same spot. Ortiz wasn't guessing, it was obvious they were going to throw 4 straight balls (catcher was already set way off of the plate). With that context in mind, I thought it was all in good fun.

Archived