Crasnick: Orioles Primed to Take Control of the Division ???

OFFNY

You talk about him being in the NL central like its inflating his numbers. Outside of the Pirates and Cubs that division is solid.

StL been to the WS what? Two or three times in the past 4 years. Brewers always has a strong offense Cinnci has been good up until this year and they still arent a cupcake team. Pirates have been progressing and he doesnt face the cubs.

Also one xould argue that this year the NL central is better than the AL east.

Also in recent years the Yankees have had success trading their prospects for proven MLBrs.

How long has Houston been bad? How often do they trade their prospects? Do they ever and its not helping them.

Gausman is young. Everyone talks about how Harvey, Bundy, and Rodriguez are suppose to be so good. Well why can't we afford to lose one of them for a proven guy?

And everyone on here week after week keeps saying we need to trade for a rotation guy yet don't want to give anything up four something good.

You can't get filet mignon by giving up peanuts.

I also remember how ppl on here were for trading Bundy for Cliff Lee last year, who is on his way out, yet dont want to give him up for a what? 26 year old?

But let's hold out in hopes he helps.us.next year when we no longer have the middle order of our lineup.

We stand to lose Davis, Hardy, Cruz if that happens it won't matter how good Bundy is.

Not to mention if he is as good as yak think, what makes you think he wont go to the Yanks for a big contract when his Is up in Bmore?

Ppl act like just because he is our current prospect that he will be with the team forever.

If we traded bundy for Samardzja and he helped get us to the WS, no one would care about losing him.

Prior to this season Samardzja was basically underachieving. You want to trade a guy who in my opinion has as good of stuff or Bette than KG for him and refer to him as "fillet mignon " lol thank god your not our GM

Explain how Jake and Hammel looks so good in the NL central but were mediocre here?

Not to mention you do not trade a prospect like Bundy for a guy you have no chance to resign before becoming a FA. It would not only be dumb it would be epically stupid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to this season Samardzja was basically underachieving. You want to trade a guy who in my opinion has as good of stuff or Bette than KG for him and refer to him as "fillet mignon " lol thank god your not our GM

Explain how Jake and Hammel looks so good in the NL central but were mediocre here?

Not to mention you do not trade a prospect like Bundy for a guy you have no chance to resign before becoming a FA. It would not only be dumb it would be epically stupid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You would only control that guy for a year and two months. You would give up Bundy, ERod, and Tim Berry for him and that may not even be the price.

If were going to get a guy who isn't going to be here long-term (because everyone knows Angelos most certainly regrets the Ubaldo deal) then we might as well trade for Jason Hammel and save our better pitching prospects.

Yea, Chris Davis, Weiters and so on might not be here in the days where Bundy and Harvey are truly contributing, but I'll take 3-4 solid pitchers over a flash in the pan guy like Crush

You can find plenty of experts out there that will be glad to tell you what a horrible team we are.
I disagree from what I hear on MLBXM the "expert" consensus would be what Crasnick's scout says:"They have guys who can get you to the playoffs, but in a five- or a seven-game series you need an ace you can count on who'll get you that W. If they're able to go out and get a really quality guy, I would put my money on them." The BJ's have gone on a tear and they are tied with us. We have yet to go in one, but if Houston can so can we.

For one, I didn't say we are a horrible team. No one enjoys an Os' win more than I do. I hope they go on a long winning streak and pull away. Sorry if my ACTUAL belief is that this team cannot pull away without Davis and Machado getting it together and the starting rotation keeping it together. We don't have one starter who has been a go to guy this year. I still think the team is a an 85-90 win team. I just don't think that is a team that can pull away from the pack. If evertything goes right (Pearce and Cruz continue to hit and Davis and Machado get hot and the starting pitching stays consistent) then maybe. I just don't think the last 4 games prove anything about this team being ready to take off. Too bad a post like that gets the pollyannas all twisted up.

I know you are a fan and know you are not a polyanna. I also think this team is better than you do. So when you say that you feel we will stay with the pack, I just disagree. You may well be right. You are often.

For one, I didn't say we are a horrible team. No one enjoys an Os' win more than I do. I hope they go on a long winning streak and pull away. Sorry if my ACTUAL belief is that this team cannot pull away without Davis and Machado getting it together and the starting rotation keeping it together. We don't have one starter who has been a go to guy this year. I still think the team is a an 85-90 win team. I just don't think that is a team that can pull away from the pack. If evertything goes right (Pearce and Cruz continue to hit and Davis and Machado get hot and the starting pitching stays consistent) then maybe. I just don't think the last 4 games prove anything about this team being ready to take off. Too bad a post like that gets the pollyannas all twisted up.

I never said you were one of those experts. Nor was I calling you out. There are plenty of those "experts" that still think we are an 78 win team.

I know you are a fan and know you are not a polyanna. I also think this team is better than you do. So when you say that you feel we will stay with the pack, I just disagree. You may well be right. You are often.

I am not sure if the O's are better then RZNJ thinks. I do think that no one in the AL East is particularly good this year and the O's have a shot. Once you get to the playoffs, well anything goes.

I am not sure if the O's are better then RZNJ thinks. I do think that no one in the AL East is particularly good this year and the O's have a shot. Once you get to the playoffs, well anything goes.

I disagree with you then too. I think we might have a 90 win season in us. And the parity of the East makes that a good launching platform. I do not speculate on who might win the World Series. Or even get there. Heck, I might be the Giant's year again.

I disagree with you then too. I think we might have a 90 win season in us. And the parity of the East makes that a good launching platform. I do not speculate on who might win the World Series. Or even get there. Heck, I might be the Giant's year again.

I can't realistically look at the O's and say they are anything close to a sure bet to beat the Jays or the over performing Yanks. I know the team's weaknesses too well.

I also think that if the Jays get close, they sell off what they have on the farm for the push.

I can't realistically look at the O's and say they are anything close to a sure bet to beat the Jays or the over performing Yanks. I know the team's weaknesses too well.

I also think that if the Jays get close, they sell off what they have on the farm for the push.

I believe these things and still think the team could easily build to a three or four game lead over the next closest divisional opponent. I believe that the Blue Jays are actually over performing their quality. The Yankees have not given up though.

The team is not functioning on all cylinders but it is competitive for the AL East. They may not be able to string together a winning streak to pull away, but they are also unlikely to go on a prolonged losing streak ala BOS, TB,TOR, and the MFY. Which of the two is more likely? I put my money on the winning streak.

I believe these things and still think the team could easily build to a three or four game lead over the next closest divisional opponent. I believe that the Blue Jays are actually over performing their quality. The Yankees have not given up though.

If they sell off Stroman to get that piece they will regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of their Canadian life.

Archived