Crasnick: Orioles Primed to Take Control of the Division ???

OFFNY

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are obviously competitive since they are currently tied for 1st. I don't think a long losing streak is likely. I also see nothing to suggest a long winning streak is likely. I think the O's are what they have shown so far. A flawed team that is good enough to compete for a playoff spot. Baseball is tough to predict. Anything could happen from here on out. Again, beating Mikolas, Saunders, Baker, and Nick Martinez should not be taken too seriously. Yes, we beat them and no wins are automatic but Texas has been decimated by injuries and those 4 guys are as close to facing AAA pitching as it gets. To me, that's no sign that the team is about to go on a roll.

The bats coming to life at home was an encouraging sign.

Why in the world would they sell off Stroman and to get what, a starter? He's helping them right now as a starter. 7 shutout innings today. The only AL East team that is going to be a big buyer is an easy guess. The Yanks.

The Cubs insist on Stroman for Jeff Samardzija.

They are obviously competitive since they are currently tied for 1st. I don't think a long losing streak is likely. I also see nothing to suggest a long winning streak is likely. I think the O's are what they have shown so far. A flawed team that is good enough to compete for a playoff spot. Baseball is tough to predict. Anything could happen from here on out. Again, beating Mikolas, Saunders, Baker, and Nick Martinez should not be taken too seriously. Yes, we beat them and no wins are automatic but Texas has been decimated by injuries and those 4 guys are as close to facing AAA pitching as it gets. To me, that's no sign that the team is about to go on a roll.
What suggests a winning streak is the fact that they are competitive with Davis, Hardy, Tillman, Ubaldo, Manny, all underperforming, and Gausman with the potential to come on like an ace the second half. Unless one thinks none are capable of regressing to their mean, it seems likely that two or three could start playing up to their level at least for a stretch.

Hardy, CJ, Schoop, Jones is killing it.
Davis' bat was the only one that didn't come to life. Before the oblique he was hitting .754 OPS with a .378 OBP. After the oblique before the baby he hit .277 .414 .660 1.073. After the baby till now, .156 .260 .313 .573...........:scratchchinhmm:

For one, I didn't say we are a horrible team. No one enjoys an Os' win more than I do. I hope they go on a long winning streak and pull away. Sorry if my ACTUAL belief is that this team cannot pull away without Davis and Machado getting it together and the starting rotation keeping it together. We don't have one starter who has been a go to guy this year. I still think the team is a an 85-90 win team. I just don't think that is a team that can pull away from the pack. If evertything goes right (Pearce and Cruz continue to hit and Davis and Machado get hot and the starting pitching stays consistent) then maybe. I just don't think the last 4 games prove anything about this team being ready to take off. Too bad a post like that gets the pollyannas all twisted up.

Meh. I said I'm glad I don't have your outlook on this team, but I meant more life in general. We come off a four game sweep, and your complaining about the previous series. And we didn't beat anyone good. I'm just glad I don't constantly search for the negative.

I don't care if the O's "pull away" or not. What difference does it make, as long as they win the division? I mean, I know it pisses off some people around here that the O's are in first place. And, I'm sure the O's will come under fire for not winning the division by enough games. It will be Matt Wieters' fault, even though he's hurt (also his fault).

I don't care if the O's "pull away" or not. What difference does it make, as long as they win the division? I mean, I know it pisses off some people around here that the O's are in first place. And, I'm sure the O's will come under fire for not winning the division by enough games. It will be Matt Wieters' fault, even though he's hurt (also his fault).

Pretty lame post.

My belief is they will not pull away from the Blue Jays any time soon. Why? Here's the Orioles schedule coming out of the All-Star break:

3 @ OAK

3 @ LAA

4 @ SEA

3 vs LAA

3 vs SEA

3 @ TOR

3 vs STL

Ouch. Well, the good news is the schedule gets better after that, with many in-division games. Hopefully the Orioles can earn their division championship then. But they'll struggle to do better than .500 through the above stretch.

Archived