vs. Red Sox 07-05 Game 2

scOtt

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> believe Schoop turns double play as well as any second baseman in AL. We just saw why.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I plan on making a little thread about this, but I wanna say.. there is a lot of talk about needing to trade for a 2B. I get he's not hitting very well, but let me suggest this. We are not going to get a better defensive second baseman. He turns double plays like he was born for it. His hitting is only going to get better. 2B also isn't an offensive position. His hitting seems worse because of the black hole at 1st and the black hole now at catcher, but if Davis gets hitting Schoop is more than enough for 2B, imo.

I plan on making a little thread about this, but I wanna say.. there is a lot of talk about needing to trade for a 2B. I get he's not hitting very well, but let me suggest this. We are not going to get a better defensive second baseman. He turns double plays like he was born for it. His hitting is only going to get better. 2B also isn't an offensive position. His hitting seems worse because of the black hole at 1st and the black hole now at catcher, but if Davis gets hitting Schoop is more than enough for 2B, imo.

I'm fine with 2B. If we make any moves it ought to be for pitching.

Archived