Blue Jays claim Nolan Reimold

xian4

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a good chance that most of you are right and Nolan gets hurt again.

But there is also a real possibility that he stays healthy and lights it up for Toronto.

Coc, hank, and I are saying we should not have given him away for nothing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another move is needed to clear roster spot for Reimold, who <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> intend to take a real look at as a regular</p>— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) <a href="

">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What is Toronto's roster like? Who goes down or gets DFA for them to add Nolan?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another move is needed to clear roster spot for Reimold' date=' who <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> intend to take a real look at as a regular</p>— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) <a href="
">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/quote']

Isn't it always Kawasaki?

There is a good chance that most of you are right and Nolan gets hurt again.

But there is also a real possibility that he stays healthy and lights it up for Toronto.

Coc, hank, and I are saying we should not have given him away for nothing.

I do not think anyone was willing to do more than absorb his contract. So other than DFA Delmon, I do not know that the Orioles had a choice.

I do not think anyone was willing to do more than absorb his contract. So other than DFA Delmon, I do not know that the Orioles had a choice.

I would have traded or DFAd Young before giving Nolan away for nothing.

Also not sure what you all see in Lough. You say he plays a different role than Nolan would. What is that role besides keeping the bench warm and filling in as a 9th inning defensive replacement once or twice a week? Lets face it, we're over halfway through the season...I think its a little late to say Lough is just slumping.

So yeah, I'd rather have Young, Pearce, Cruz, and Nolan filling the exact same roles than have Lough wasting a spot on this roster.

Now, as much as I hate it, I have to root against Nolan because he's a Jay.

Also not sure what you all see in Lough. You say he plays a different role than Nolan would. What is that role besides keeping the bench warm and filling in as a 9th inning defensive replacement once or twice a week? Lets face it, we're over halfway through the season...I think its a little late to say Lough is just slumping.

So yeah, I'd rather have Young, Pearce, Cruz, and Nolan filling the exact same roles than have Lough wasting a spot on this roster.

Now, as much as I hate it, I have to root against Nolan because he's a Jay.

If able to give rep, I'd be all over this one. What purpose does Lough really serve for us? He warms the bench and gives the other pitchers a few easy outs when he does come to the plate. Even Reimold at 50% can do that.

Had we DFAd Young, we would have had a better shot of passing him through waivers. And then we don't lose the guy who was a giant potential wildcard.

Seriously? You would rather let go the younger, more proven guy who's performing his job rather well? Vs. the older guy who's never stayed healthy, who had a pretty good half-year 5 years ago?

Plus the players and Buck have gone out of their way at times to say how much they love Young...

If able to give rep, I'd be all over this one. What purpose does Lough really serve for us? He warms the bench and gives the other pitchers a few easy outs when he does come to the plate. Even Reimold at 50% can do that.

Had we DFAd Young, we would have had a better shot of passing him through waivers. And then we don't lose the guy who was a giant potential wildcard.

Lough had his best month in June, hitting a very respectable .296. He would play more if it were not for this Pearce guy. As it stands, he serves a need as a PR and late inning defensive replacement - neither job Reimold could do.

Seriously? You would rather let go the younger, more proven guy who's performing his job rather well? Vs. the older guy who's never stayed healthy, who had a pretty good half-year 5 years ago?

Plus the players and Buck have gone out of their way at times to say how much they love Young...

Yes, I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley.

I think the O's got lucky when Pearce declined the Jays claim and came back here earlier in the season, and they thought they could get lucky again and that Nolan would make it through waivers unclaimed. I have a feeling this one is gonna hurt.

I'm not saying Nolan will lead Toronto to the WS, but I do think he has a good season.

Archived