Darren O'Day this Year.

BJSurhoff27

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm driving home about 25 minutes ago and Manfra and Angel are talking about O'Day being so great and whether they were going to jinx him by saying he hadn't given up a run in 15 innings? If I could have I would have told them to stop being dumb for a change. I'm only in a store 10 minutes and come out and hear he gave up a game tying HR. I thought everybody tried to stay away from jinxing a pitcher over stuff like this. Did anyone here what they said after the HR?

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/07)

Extremely high level situation (the Orioles were desperately clinging to a 2-1 lead in the 8th inning, and their offense had shown no signs of life whatsoever since Caleb Joseph's 2-run home run back in the 4th inning. In fact, after Joseph's home run, the final 17 Oriole batters went down in order.)

4 up, 3 down.

1 walk, 2 strikeouts.

19 pitches, 12 for strikes.

2014 ERA:O 1.06

2014 WHIPO 0.882

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/07)

Extremely high level situation (the Orioles were desperately clinging to a 2-1 lead in the 8th inning, and their offense had shown no signs of life whatsoever since Caleb Joseph's 2-run home run back in the 4th inning. In fact, after Joseph's home run, the final 17 Oriole batters went down in order.)

4 up, 3 down.

1 walk, 2 strikeouts.

19 pitches, 12 for strikes.

2014 ERA:O 1.06

2014 WHIPO 0.882

You meant to say that the Orioles were owning a 2-1 lead like bosses. Which is when O'day came in and mowed them down.

No, I didn't.

To me, it appeared the Orioles didn't look desperate. How about, the Blue jays were desperately trying to tie the game before they fell 5 games back? A 90 win team does not play desperate baseball. We step up and get the job done.

The Orioles have looked far from a desperate team this year. We know who we are, we play tight games, and honestly, as record suggests, we play them well. If our relievers are pitching desperately in the 7th, 8th, and 9th, it surely doesn't show.

You said that I meant to say that the Orioles were owning a 2-1 lead like bosses. I didn't mean to say that.

What's with the guff? He was just kinda messing around. He obviously didn't think that you meant to type one thing, and then by mistake, typed something else. I'm sure you see the effect he was going for, why did you shut him down so abruptly?

Yes, I know. Sorry for the metaphor.

That's OK, Sam.

It sounded like a metaphor/reference for the Mafia.

If that is not how you you meant it, then I apologize.

To me, the Mafia is just a group of lowlife, murderous criminals, and I don't find anything cute or cool about them. Which is why I choose not to glorify them in any way, shape, or form.

Archived