Koji Uehara linked to Orioles in MLBTraderumors.

weams

So, what happens after you trade prospects, which are dear to us, for Koji, and a starter or two get hurt? Do we then trade more prospects? You can never have too much starting pitching. Trading for a position that is already a strength is intriguing but probably not the path I would choose.

You wouldn't be trading the same prospects for Koji that you would be for an "ace." Does that really need to be said?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to have Koji back, that being said.. I'm not sure closer is a big need anymore with Britton in that position. I think we need another quality bat in the lineup and another bullpen arm like Webb quality.

It should be noted that MLBTR simply linked to an a column in the Providence Journal in which the writer presented a laundry list of players the Red Sox might trade and where they might end up. They were not reporting interest in such a deal from either party.

I would love to have Koji back, that being said.. I'm not sure closer is a big need anymore with Britton in that position. I think we need another quality bat in the lineup and another bullpen arm like Webb quality.

We are getting a reliever. It will be a left handed one if we do not get a clear upgrade in closer. Koji is that.

Archived