Koji Uehara linked to Orioles in MLBTraderumors.

weams

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even sure we need him, but I would be beyond thrilled having Koji back. As it stands, he'll be remembered as a Boston player. This pisses me off.

If we're going to make a dumb move at the deadline and overpay for someone, at least let it be for Koji.

I too believe we have no problem at second base. Both are young, controllable, solid defenders with pop. Yes, their averages could use some improvement and I believe they will both improve, but I like our second base position. I think our bullpen could use an upgrade, and I wouldn't mind Kurt Suzuki as a second half veteran catcher with talent and a decent bat.

Schoop has a .326 slugging %. There isn't much pop on that bat either. Schoop has hit 3 more homers than Caleb Joseph has on the year.

July is the season for both sunscreen and smokescreens in baseball. This makes sense. O's looking for bullpen help and bring back one of their former players who would help them greatly. I'm not buying it. I think the O's may have leaked and are looking at someone else completely.

Since we are talking trade rumors on this thread this seems like the right one to make this post on. Would you guys trade one of our top pitching prospects (Bundy or Gausman) to the Mets for Daniel Murphy and Bartolo Colon? We could really use another solid pitcher and Murphy will fill our hole and then some at second base. It would have to take one of them to get both these guys though. I remember during this offseason the Mets actually asked for Bundy straight up for Murphy. But I fell like they would give us both if we gave them a top prospect. They are both under another year of team control BTW and we can extend Murphy hopefully.

Since we are talking trade rumors on this thread this seems like the right one to make this post on. Would you guys trade one of our top pitching prospects (Bundy or Gausman) to the Mets for Daniel Murphy and Bartolo Colon? We could really use another solid pitcher and Murphy will fill our hole and then some at second base. It would have to take one of them to get both these guys though. I remember during this offseason the Mets actually asked for Bundy straight up for Murphy. But I fell like they would give us both if we gave them a top prospect. They are both under another year of team control BTW and we can extend Murphy hopefully.

Welcome. And as they say on the show...

Colon is 41.

Why on God's green earth would you consider trading something for him?

NOPE.

I don't want a 2B that can't play defense. Especially with this staff. The only reason our pitchers are outperforming what the metrics say they should do is because of defense. We could really use an upgrade at 2B, but that person would have to bring defense to the table too.

Colon is 41.

Why on God's green earth would you consider trading something for him?

Murphy would be the main piece but short term I feel like Colon can really help our staff.

NOPE.

I don't want a 2B that can't play defense. Especially with this staff. The only reason our pitchers are outperforming what the metrics say they should do is because of defense. We could really use an upgrade at 2B' date=' but that person would have to bring defense to the table too.[/quote']

Not sure if you are in to sabermetrics or anything but this guy is ranked positive on the defensive metric side on fangraphs, which means he plays above average defense, and he is an excellent hitter. Already is good for a 2.7 WAR. I know it seems crazy and doesn't help us that much long term but I feel like this trade can put our team over the top this year. And I am also scared about the Jays making a big trade to improve their team.

I too believe we have no problem at second base. Both are young, controllable, solid defenders with pop. Yes, their averages could use some improvement and I believe they will both improve, but I like our second base position. I think our bullpen could use an upgrade, and I wouldn't mind Kurt Suzuki as a second half veteran catcher with talent and a decent bat.
The only problem we have at 2B is Buck refuses to play the right guys there.

Murphy would be the main piece but short term I feel like Colon can really help our staff.

Not sure if you are in to sabermetrics or anything but this guy is ranked positive on the defensive metric side on fangraphs, which means he plays above average defense, and he is an excellent hitter. Already is good for a 2.7 WAR. I know it seems crazy and doesn't help us that much long term but I feel like this trade can put our team over the top this year. And I am also scared about the Jays making a big trade to improve their team.

We have 6 starters already.

Murphy would be a good acquisition, but at what cost?

If Tananka goes to TJ surgery as some fear, the Yankees already short of pitching, will be all in and drive up market value.

Archived