Koji Uehara linked to Orioles in MLBTraderumors.

weams

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have 6 starters already.

Murphy would be a good acquisition, but at what cost?

If Tananka goes to TJ surgery as some fear, the Yankees already short of pitching, will be all in and drive up market value.

Colon would still be an improvement. I think the Yankees may finally realize this year that they are out of it, but we'll see.. And I'm not sure what it can cost us maybe Bundy or Gausman. But if we extended Murphy I think it would be worth it. I think he's a really good ballplayer.

Colon would still be an improvement. I think the Yankees may finally realize this year that they are out of it, but we'll see.. And I'm not sure what it can cost us maybe Bundy or Gausman. But if we extended Murphy I think it would be worth it. I think he's a really good ballplayer.

We have had some good conversations about this here. I am uncertain if you ever spent any time reading this site before joining, but it has essentially been ruled out that a trade can be judged on the prospect of extending a trade target. Unless a window is part of the transaction.

Its not within the Yankee makeup to admit they are out of things, they just keep buying more pieces.

We have had some good conversations about this here. I am uncertain if you ever spent any time reading this site before joining, but it has essentially been ruled out that a trade can be judged on the prospect of extending a trade target. Unless a window is part of the transaction.

Just found out about this site so I have only read recent posts. And yeah you're 100% right that makes sense.

Not sure if you are in to sabermetrics or anything but this guy is ranked positive on the defensive metric side on fangraphs, which means he plays above average defense, and he is an excellent hitter. Already is good for a 2.7 WAR. I know it seems crazy and doesn't help us that much long term but I feel like this trade can put our team over the top this year. And I am also scared about the Jays making a big trade to improve their team.

I fully subscribe to sabremetrics, but I only use b-r for metrics for the sake of fairness, otherwise I'm just cherry picking metric sites to find the ones that best show what I'm looking for. On B-R he is a negative .4 dWAR. Which makes sense. Fangraphs and B-R don't really disagree per se, fangraphs just always has an elevated number. So like a .1 on B-R is like a .3 or .4 on fangraphs.

Since we are talking trade rumors on this thread this seems like the right one to make this post on. Would you guys trade one of our top pitching prospects (Bundy or Gausman) to the Mets for Daniel Murphy and Bartolo Colon? We could really use another solid pitcher and Murphy will fill our hole and then some at second base. It would have to take one of them to get both these guys though. I remember during this offseason the Mets actually asked for Bundy straight up for Murphy. But I fell like they would give us both if we gave them a top prospect. They are both under another year of team control BTW and we can extend Murphy hopefully.

jump+out+window+gif+1.gif

Since we are talking trade rumors on this thread this seems like the right one to make this post on. Would you guys trade one of our top pitching prospects (Bundy or Gausman) to the Mets for Daniel Murphy and Bartolo Colon? We could really use another solid pitcher and Murphy will fill our hole and then some at second base. It would have to take one of them to get both these guys though. I remember during this offseason the Mets actually asked for Bundy straight up for Murphy. But I fell like they would give us both if we gave them a top prospect. They are both under another year of team control BTW and we can extend Murphy hopefully.

I'd consider that deal if they threw in Matt Harvey and a positive report on how his rehab is going.

Otherwise, trading Bundy for 1.5 years of a pretty good second baseman and 1.5 years of a 41-year-old 4th starter is close to a firing offense. Especially when Murphy and Colon will make about $20M next year.

I'd consider that deal if they threw in Matt Harvey and a positive report on how his rehab is going.

Otherwise, trading Bundy for 1.5 years of a pretty good second baseman and 1.5 years of a 41-year-old 4th starter is close to a firing offense. Especially when Murphy and Colon will make about $20M next year.

Pretty much. We wanted Colon instead of Ubaldo. Not in addition. To him. and we did offer Britton for Murphey.

I think it's reasonable attach some small value to the right to exclusively negotiate with a player before he becomes a free agent. But nothing remotely like the value necessary to balance out a top pitching prospect for a 1-3 win second baseman and an old starter.

I think it's reasonable attach some small value to the right to exclusively negotiate with a player before he becomes a free agent. But nothing remotely like the value necessary to balance out a top pitching prospect for a 1-3 win second baseman and an old starter.

Murphy is already worth almost 3 wins. If things keep going he will be a 5 win second baseman by the end of this season. I'm just thinking about the playoffs because even if we make it I think this team is primed for an early exit. It's not all the time we get an opportunity like this with both the Yanks and the Sox down and out.

Archived