Koji Uehara linked to Orioles in MLBTraderumors.

weams

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be very tempted to package Yaz up, but not with Berry.

I think both for Koji is too much. Two emerging prospects for an older pitcher. Fine pitcher and much beloved here, but both are too much I think.

I also wouldn't trade Boston Yaz just on general principles. :P

Colon would still be an improvement. I think the Yankees may finally realize this year that they are out of it, but we'll see.. And I'm not sure what it can cost us maybe Bundy or Gausman. But if we extended Murphy I think it would be worth it. I think he's a really good ballplayer.

You don't trade Gausman or Bundy for those two. It's not even close!

Well? Now what?

Tigers, Angels and Pirates also mentioned.

The only thing I've been able to find is a writer's speculation

Koji Uehara, relief pitcher

Specialized skill: Making hitters look ridiculous

Potential destination: Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles Angels, Pittsburgh

Who wouldn't want Koji? He has a 1.30 ERA with 52 strikeouts and six walks in 41 2/3 innings pitched this season - and one suspects the unfailingly professional 39-year-old wouldn?t even put up a stink if he went to a team that preferred to use him in the seventh or eighth inning if it already had an established closer. That makes Uehara a potential fit for pretty much anyone - but teams without established closers probably would be first in line to acquire the man who got the last out of the last World Series. That could mean Baltimore, where Uehara owns a home; that could mean Detroit, where Joe Nathan has a 5.97 ERA; that could mean Pittsburgh or the Los Angeles Angels, two teams that just swapped underachieving late-inning relievers.

source - Providence Journal

Koji isn't as good as Britton. Personally, I'd keep our closer. If you want to add to the pen, get a lefty setup man who is lights out, can pitch ok to righties and can pitch more then one inning in a cruch

People ITT seemingly miss the point of why there might be interest in Koji at all.

Koji would be the closer which frees up Britton to be that "lefty setup man who is lights out, can pitch ok to righties and can pitch more than one inning"

Britton is infinitely more valuable as a setup guy. The bullpen gets MUCH stronger with Koji closing (assuming he's healthy), freeing Britton to do other things.....

Archived