Trade proposal: Bundy and Jimenez for Cole Hamels

isestrex

I posted this to a bunch of Philly fans first just to gauge their response. I'll tell you what it was after we get the initial reaction from the OH.

Basically this is the Phillies swallowing the bad Jimenez contract in order to acquire Bundy. Hamels, meanwhile is signed through 2018 (with a 2019 option) with at least $112.5M left on his contract (that's $22.5M/year).

What say you?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted this to a bunch of Philly fans first just to gauge their response. I'll tell you what it was after we get the initial reaction from the OH.

Basically this is the Phillies swallowing the bad Jimenez contract in order to acquire Bundy. Hamels, meanwhile is signed through 2018 (with a 2019 option) with at least $112.5M left on his contract (that's $22.5M/year).

What say you?

UMMM, no!

What say you?

No thank you. I doubt Philly would even listen to this anyway. If they trade Hammel they can get back a haul similar to what the Cubs got without eating any money.

What say you?

That's worse than when I said trade Bundy for Samardzja.

I mean im for trading Bundy and another minor prospect or two for a vet pitcher. But I don't see how trading possibly two rotation guys next year for one aging one would help.

What say you?

No thanks.

What say you?

I really don't mean offense by this, but I'd say that if you're willing to call a 4/50 contract for Ubaldo "bad" after 3.5 months, then you're not mentally prepared to take on a contract that will pay Hamels $22.5 million annually through 2018. And I'd wager the O's aren't, either.

As rocky as he's been, Ubaldo actually doesn't have to improve all that much to be "worth" his contract. Hamels, on the other hand, can't be less than stellar in order to make his remaining contract years worthwhile. The "surplus value" period is over in Hamels' case.

What say you?

Where were the Phillies fans?

Archived