Per 105.7 Ubaldo Headed to DL with "sprained ankle" (Gausman recalled)

ExileAngelos

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck on Jimenez: "It's real sore. Richie and them do a thing, X out of 10. It's 8 out of 10, so he's got a pretty significant ankle there."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it's not made up, nor was Strop made up. In Strop's case--and other similar cases before him--he probably (very likely) didn't need to go to the DL, but the injury still existed. It's just about using a minor injury as a pretense. I doubt Buck's lying in that quote above there so I guess this is just a serendipitous--er, I mean infortuitous--happening.

I'm sure it's not made up, nor was Strop made up. In Strop's case--and other similar cases before him--he probably (very likely) didn't need to go to the DL, but the injury still existed. It's just about using a minor injury as a pretense. I doubt Buck's lying in that quote above there so I guess this is just a serendipitous--er, I mean infortuitous--happening.

I expect all teams to game the system. Just don't do it enough that it gets noticed.

Ubaldo can go on up to a 30 day rehab to get things straightened out. At any point.

That's what I like best about this. A lengthy rehab assignment to finally get on track and hopefully throw strikes. The O's wanted to switch things up instead of using the all too common "vague" arm soreness.

So you think Strop was legitimately injured last year?

Ok, upon further reflection, I do recall questioning the coincidence of the Strop injury :). Still think they wouldn't chance it with Ubie, though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Showalter said Jimenez stepped into a hole in a parking lot. The ankle is super puffy. Won't be able to pitch for a couple days.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

I wonder if that pot hole was as big as the money pit DD stepped into when he signed him.

I wonder when he did it Wallace mentioned that things have a way of working themselves out the other day when asked about the rotation. Buck also mentioned that he was thinking about bringing Buck back to start on Sunday since he did not go long on Wednesday which made no sense to me because we had 4 more games and had Chen, Gonzo, Ubaldo and Tilman all on extra rest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Ubaldo parking lot accident was at his apt. Not Camden yards.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Ubaldo parking lot accident was at his apt. Not Camden yards.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

I hope nobody went out in search of the hole.

I wonder when he did it Wallace mentioned that things have a way of working themselves out the other day when asked about the rotation. Buck also mentioned that he was thinking about bringing Buck back to start on Sunday since he did not go long on Wednesday which made no sense to me because we had 4 more games and had Chen, Gonzo, Ubaldo and Tilman all on extra rest.

Bringing back Bud it should say.

Archived