Per 105.7 Ubaldo Headed to DL with "sprained ankle" (Gausman recalled)

ExileAngelos

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jimenez going on DL with ankle injury. Gausman recalled</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't wish Jimenez ill will, but can you make it the 60 day DL? :)

Looks like a classic Disgraceful List maneuver

Maybe or maybe there is something going on.

Either way giving him some time and working with him while out will do some good IMO.

I still believe Ubaldo will be a guy who is a goat now but will be big for us down the stretch. Getting him right now makes sense.

It does seem rather convenient, but I can't see many professional athletes agreeing to a bogus DL stint. It couldn't be forced on the player with the player's union wielding their mighty sword.

It's not a bogus stint on the DL, but it's certainly something the Orioles don't mind doing, I'd guess.

They should really fill that hole.

Or maybe they shouldn't, and instead, hope a struggling pitcher wanders into that hole.

I heard DD had that hole dug especially for just such occasions. They tried to get Nolan to step in it but he refused. Something about not wanting to get a reputation for being injury prone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck on Jimenez: "It's real sore. Richie and them do a thing, X out of 10. It's 8 out of 10, so he's got a pretty significant ankle there."</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well there you go. They "do a thing". I think that is the definitive word on the issue.

Two things. One, maybe I'm naive but I believe it. I once stepped in a pothole in a parking lot and couldn't run and limped around for 3 weeks. Two, as bad as Jimenez has been at times, putting him down for 15 days is very chancy. What happens if someone else gets hurt? Finally, he's earning 50 million over 4 years. I'm sure he's got a lot of pride. Do you honestly think that Buck would call him into the office and say "you have sucked, fake an injury so that we can send you down for two weeks"? How do you think that would go over?

I've wondered about this, too.

It seems like over the last few years too many of the O's have come up with "timely" injuries when the team wants to make a roster move without losing a player.

We'll the rules are there for the players. You don't want one team keeping a ton of great players in the minors. All the player would have to do is say they aren't hurt and it wouldn't work. Perhaps Jiminez ankle is sore.

Archived