Per 105.7 Ubaldo Headed to DL with "sprained ankle" (Gausman recalled)

ExileAngelos

Eh, Ubaldo hasn't been that bad since the beginning of June. 4.30 ERA. Really just had 2 clunkers. And since May a 3.73 ERA.

Hope he gets better soon. We're going to need him.

I agree. But let's remember that he's a ten million per year pitcher and hasn't been that bad doesn't cut it. His bar is much higher. This may be the worst signing in the history of baseball.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. But let's remember that he's a ten million per year pitcher and hasn't been that bad doesn't cut it. His bar is much higher. This may be the worst signing in the history of baseball.

:rofl:

Yea, I would much have have signed CC or Arod to their last contracts then Ubaldo.

Or how about the 26 games the Yankees got of the 4/39.5M Pavano deal?

You can make a case, easily, that the Bell and Davis contracts were significantly worse then what the Ubaldo's deal will end up as. Or what about the 3/22.5 million contract the O's signed Sir Sidney to?

You are the funniest poster I have ever read. Thanks for the laugh.

So, blame him for what a team or the market determines his worth is? The majority of high paid players don't live up to the hopes of fans. UJ is not nearly paid as much as a true #1. He is never going to win with style points. He pitches ugly. Deal with it. More often than not over the season he will give 6 innings or so and keep the O's in the game. He is entertaining and does have some nasty stuff.

Yea, I would much have have signed CC or Arod to their last contracts then Ubaldo.

You can make a case, easily, that the Bell and Davis contracts were significantly worse then what the Ubaldo's deal will end up as. Or what about the 3/22.5 million contract the O's signed Sir Sidney to?

You can't take Billy seriously. He often spots off some nonsense about some Oriole thing being the worst in all of MLB history, when it takes three minutes on bb-ref to find six worse things last year.

You can't take Billy seriously. He often spots off some nonsense about some Oriole thing being the worst in all of MLB history, when it takes three minutes on bb-ref to find six worse things last year.

I don't take him seriously. Heck I didn't even spend three whole minutes.

If we take the following two statements...

(1) Ubaldo might be the worst signing in the history of baseball

(2) Your post might be the worst agglomeration of letters to ever come together in the literate universe, surpassed only by whatever clicks, beeps, and chirps might have led other, sentient species in far-flung galaxies to annihilate one another and themselves

...and find that (2) could actually be closer to the truth than (1), then you should probably take a moment to consider your future posting options.

Really?!?! The only thing bad about Ubaldos contract was the extra year we gave him.... but you know what somtimes you just gotta do what you gotta do

Thanks for the LOL's

I mentioned it before but according to fangraphs, besides his rookie season and 2012, he's been worth between $14.8 million and $26 million every year. Unless he totally implodes, he should be able to be worth his contract. Even with as "bad" as he has been this season, he's worth $3 million and 0.5 fwar.

Not even close to the worst signing in the history of baseball.

Not even close to the worst signing in the history of baseball.

It seems quite likely that with Ryan Howard the Phils will get five years of sub-replacement production taking up 600 PAs a year, for $125M. $25M a year for five years for the production of (but none of the versatility of) Willie Bloomquist.

It seems quite likely that with Ryan Howard the Phils will get five years of sub-replacement production taking up 600 PAs a year, for $125M. $25M a year for five years for the production of (but none of the versatility of) Willie Bloomquist.

How did that Barrry Zito deal work out?

Archived