Is Chris Davis going to hit in the 5 hole regardless the rest of the season? Why?

Specman

Then Cruz should be taking a lot more walks than he has and not sacraficing much (if anything) from his production.

I agree, Cruz's eye has been pretty poor lately.

But he will continue to get pitched around until teams are once again scared of the batter hitting behind him.

Davis's performance, however, has become untenable. If he's going to keep hitting against lefties (despite all signs pointing towards the fact that he should be in a platoon at first with Pearce), again, at the very least buck needs to drop him in the order and take some freaking pressure off.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, Cruz's eye has been pretty poor lately.

But he will continue to get pitched around until teams are once again scared of the batter hitting behind him.

Davis's performance, however, has become untenable. If he's going to keep hitting against lefties (despite all signs pointing towards the fact that he should be in a platoon at first with Pearce), again, at the very least buck needs to drop him in the order and take some freaking pressure off.

I haven't really noted Cruz swinging at bad pitches. Maybe some of that though. It may be a combination of factors like: having to come back down to earth, possible injury effects, some bad luck, pitchers adjusting to him, and pretty much everybody on the offense looking horrible the past couple of weeks against some tough pitchers/parks.

I agree though that he should probably be taking more walks (he took 3 today). Maybe I'm crazy, but I get the feeling Davis may be coming around soon. Looks he's more balls to the opposite field.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Davis is ill and not currently at ballpark. Could arrive later. That's why he's not in lineup <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Davis is ill and not currently at ballpark. Could arrive later. That's why he's not in lineup <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Get better Chris. Hope it's not Eboli.

Honestly, is anyone going to be the least bit surprised when Davis has an offseason surgery to repair his oblique injury sometime in October/November? His mechanics look completely different, and there's no way he's 100% right now, which is nuts considering he's got a decent shot at 35 HRs and 100 RBI.

Hopefully he can get it together when it matters most. Fingers crossed...

Honestly, is anyone going to be the least bit surprised when Davis has an offseason surgery to repair his oblique injury sometime in October/November? His mechanics look completely different, and there's no way he's 100% right now, which is nuts considering he's got a decent shot at 35 HRs and 100 RBI.

Hopefully he can get it together when it matters most. Fingers crossed...

I dont know about him reaching those stats this year but I do believe you are right and he is playing while still hurting....

I dont know about him reaching those stats this year but I do believe you are right and he is playing while still hurting....

If he doesn't have one of his 10-day beast mode outbursts, he won't get there. But 30 HRs and 85 RBI is within reach. Again... not so bad. The .199 stinks though. I'd love it if he could figure out a way to end the season over .220, but that also relies on a hot streak, and moreover, it's the Ks that frustrate me most.

Archived