Orioles will be watching Ian Kennedy tonight.

Greg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their is no Ace available to the Orioles.

There are actually 2 available... potentially three.

Gausman, Jimenez can both fill that slot as ACE. Will they I don't know. But they can fill is as likely as Kennedy. Bundy is a longer shot, but not out of the question.

Gausman, Jimenez can both fill that slot as ACE. Will they I don't know. But they can fill is as likely as Kennedy. Bundy is a longer shot, but not out of the question.

Strong finishes by Gausman and Jimenez could carry the O's a long way this year.

Bundy will be on a 75 pitch limit for the rest of the season. Then, due to inactivity, they will have to be careful with his total innings next year (as they have been with Gausman this year). Best case scenario for Bundy is that he becomes the ace late next season or in 2016.

Last season with the Cubs Feldman had a 3.46 ERA and a 3.93 FIP. He had mediocre strikeout and decent walk numbers and his good season was basically all due to a low BABIP. Kennedy has a 3.47 ERA and a 2.92 FIP. He also strikes out well over a batter per inning.

How can you not believe in the stats? Even if you don't think he's this good (he's actually been much better than the ERA indicates) how could you honestly say he wouldn't be better than any of our starters when his career ERA is under 4 and only 1 of 6 Oriole starters have a better ERA than that this season, and that's Gausman who has barely pitched...

The O's gave up a decent back end of the pen arm and a starter who is now unbelievable for Feldman, a pitcher with a history of being pretty bad but was having a season like a decent 4/5. Kennedy is pitching like a 1/2 starter this year and has pitched like a 3/4 starter in his career (with another year of being a good 1/2 a few years back).

Arrieta's value - at the time - was SLIGHTLY more than Brian Matusz' is now. He Was Failed. Had Pedro not been traded, he would have been DFA'd. Not that I am against the Kennedy trade. I'm just not giving up Gausman, Bundy or Hunter. At all.

Very true.

Do we have a comp pick? I would trade EdRod, Berry, and a comp pick if that would get it done.

They are not comp picks. Comp picks are determined by Free agents who leave that were offered qualifying. The tradeable picks are competitive balance lottery picks. Evidently the lottery has not yet occurred for the 2015 draft. So we do not have one to trade. If we wanted to.

They are not comp picks. Comp picks are determined by Free agents who leave that were offered qualifying. The tradeable picks are competitive balance lottery picks. Evidently the lottery has not yet occurred for the 2015 draft. So we do not have one to trade. If we wanted to.

From Fox Sports

Competitive Balance Lottery

The 10 teams with the lowest revenue and the 10 teams in the smallest markets will be entered into a weighted lottery for six amateur draft picks following the first round starting in 2012. The four clubs not receiving picks and the clubs that receive under revenue sharing will be entered into a weighted lottery for six picks following the second round. The competitive balance lottery draft picks may be traded.

Archived