Who goes and who stays in 2015

wildcard

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't, and don't call me Shirley.

Peralta got 4/52 at the same age as Hardy last year. And he was saddled with the suspension stigma and the qualifying offer.

If you think 3/30 gets you JJ Hardy, then you really have no sense of what the market looks like. Hardy is an outstanding player and he'll get paid accordingly.

I think you are over estimating the market. Not many teams out there right now with a need and the market is saturated with SS.

Heading the list is Asdrubal Cabrera, Stephen Drew, Hanley Ramirez, and Jed Lowrie to name a few.

The Orioles are also embroiled in litigation right now that doesn't look to be going their way and that doesn't increase the chances of payroll being added of they lose the case.

Historically they have not been bold in FA (I would say the contract to Jimenez was not the norm and it isn't paving the way for future signings) so there is no reason to think they sink money into a four year deal a an aging SS with injury concerns (his back).

They may allow him to test the market and come back with a better offer. More difficult for JJ to live up to the big dollars somewhere else when he knows he likes it in Baltimore. Yet, the team doesn't want to work from the QO as a baseline when they can work out a multi year deal for a lower AAV.

I think you are over estimating the market. Not many teams out there right now with a need and the market is saturated with SS.

Heading the list is Asdrubal Cabrera, Stephen Drew, Hanley Ramirez, and Jed Lowrie to name a few.

I'm not sure it's saturated. Drew is horrible. Lowrie is basically replacement level, although he might be a good buy low candidate. Ramirez's future is probably 3B.

More like 5M. Closer money is 10M

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/13/acquiring-jake-peavy-was-giant-move-san-francisco-brian-sabean/w0KWpVibSw32lO4KR1eaLP/story.html

3. Andrew Miller, LHP, Orioles ? The theory on the Orioles? side is that Miller will get in the vicinity of $21 million over three years when he becomes a free agent. It appears the Red Sox are willing to pay that, but so are other teams. Don?t forget, Miller had more than a dozen trade inquiries at the deadline. He came close to going to the Tigers, but they didn?t have the caliber of pitching prospect the Orioles were willing to give up.

Most baseball people realize Miller is getting $7M per year.

You thinks that's nuts? Someone proposed 3/50 yesterday. I like JJ but some of the talk about re-signing him is ludicrous.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/13/acquiring-jake-peavy-was-giant-move-san-francisco-brian-sabean/w0KWpVibSw32lO4KR1eaLP/story.html

1. J.J. Hardy, SS, Orioles — Manager Buck Showalter has talked with Hardy about how much the Orioles want him to re-sign, but they may not offer the most money. Showalter said the team would make him a fair offer, but he tried to appeal to how much Hardy has enjoyed playing and hitting in Baltimore. We’ll see.

1. J.J. Hardy, SS, Orioles — Manager Buck Showalter has talked with Hardy about how much Orioles want him to re-sign, but they may not offer the most money. Showalter said the team would make him a fair offer, but he tried to appeal to how much Hardy has enjoyed playing and hitting in Baltimore. We’ll see.

Already trying to talk him down. Unless he re-signs to a team friendly deal we might not see JJ here next year.

Archived