Sleepers

Aurelius

Mine is Lonsberry. I know he's old for the league he was playing in. The O's for some reason have taken him slowly, and that's not a bad thing really. He actually improved a little going from Delmarva to Frederick which I like. He's got a super-smooth delivery and sneaky fastball. I can really see him pitching in the bigs one day even though I hardly hear a word about him.

Thoughts on him or any of your sleeper picks?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is Lonsberry. I know he's old for the league he was playing in. The O's for some reason have taken him slowly, and that's not a bad thing really. He actually improved a little going from Delmarva to Frederick which I like. He's got a super-smooth delivery and sneaky fastball. I can really see him pitching in the bigs one day even though I hardly hear a word about him.

Thoughts on him or any of your sleeper picks?

I agree, I think Lonsberry is a good chioice. He pitched very well last year as a set up guy. Watched him numerous times. I also think Finan and Fleisher could be sleepers and I'm hoping that they have a bust out year at Bowie.

I agree, I think Lonsberry is a good chioice. He pitched very well last year as a set up guy. Watched him numerous times. I also think Finan and Fleisher could be sleepers and I'm hoping that they have a bust out year at Bowie.

No David Hernandez?? ;)

David Hernandez never sleeps - when he closes his eyes the world ceases to exist.

David Hernandez's fastball is so fast, it can travel around the world and hit him in the back of the head.

David Hernandez doesn't throw sliders in the dirt - his sliders pull the earth up out of its orbit.

David Hernandez's change is the one that voters are looking for.

When David Hernandez shakes off a catcher, the catcher goes flying into the seats.

David Hernandez never sleeps - when he closes his eyes the world ceases to exist.

David Hernandez's fastball is so fast, it can travel around the world and hit him in the back of the head.

David Hernandez doesn't throw sliders in the dirt - his sliders pull the earth up out of its orbit.

When David Hernandez shakes off a catcher, the catcher goes flying into the seats.

Thats very funny!!! HA HA HA HA

vBulletin Message

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rlc again.

Superman wears David Hernandez pajamas to bed.

Superman wears David Hernandez pajamas to bed.

I believe if DHernandez finds is command on his 3 pitches then he will definately leap frog those so-called high prospects. It is pretty evident what happens when he has all 3 pitches working. Just look at his last 2 starts last year when he starting using his change-up more. Just think he lead the Carolina League in strikeout and basically used 2 pitches. You guys all make fun, but we'll see.

I believe if DHernandez finds is command on his 3 pitches then he will definately leap frog those so-called high prospects. It is pretty evident what happens when he has all 3 pitches working. Just look at his last 2 starts last year when he starting using his change-up more. Just think he lead the Carolina League in strikeout and basically used 2 pitches. You guys all make fun, but we'll see.

From what I hear, the two things he needs to work on are consistency in his mechanics, and confidence in his stuff. The end result is the things you mentioned, but these are the root of his problems.

From what I hear, the two things he needs to work on are consistency in his mechanics, and confidence in his stuff. The end result is the things you mentioned, but these are the root of his problems.

Everything I have read about DHernandez, from BA to BP, et al is his command and yes consistency has come up numerous times. But if he can bottled up what he learned from his last 2 outings last year, then I think he will blossom this year at Bowie.

Sleeper? Victor Castillo. He had the 2nd highest Shorebird batting average last season, threw out his share of runners, and is built like a tank - appropriate for a catcher. David Hernandez may have been a sleeper in times past but no more - he's ranked the 15th best Oriole prospect by Baseballamerica.

Sleeper? Victor Castillo. He had the 2nd highest Shorebird batting average last season, threw out his share of runners, and is built like a tank - appropriate for a catcher. David Hernandez may have been a sleeper in times past but no more - he's ranked the 15th best Oriole prospect by Baseballamerica.

Victor was one of my favorites last season.

I'm going to go with Matt Angle.

I know he'll never be a power hitter, but he's so good at everything else (hitting for average, plate discipline, baserunning, and defense), that I can't help but think of what might be if he could develop merely acceptable power.

I guess I'm drawn to the extremes.

Archived