Sleepers

Aurelius

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to go with Matt Angle.

I know he'll never be a power hitter, but he's so good at everything else (hitting for average, plate discipline, baserunning, and defense), that I can't help but think of what might be if he could develop merely acceptable power.

I guess I'm drawn to the extremes.

He intrigues the hell out of me. For some reason, I love the "guy with no power who can do everything else well". Like Reggie Willits.

Would Ryan Keefer qualify? I mean, he's on the 40-man, but he really dropped off the radar with his surgery last year. I just have this feeling that he's going to come back strong this spring and surprise everyone (save for the few who've had their eye on him for some time).

I know he was hitting 93-94 with great command before the surgery. So I'm really, really anxious to see what happens when he comes back this spring.

Would Ryan Keefer qualify? I mean, he's on the 40-man, but he really dropped off the radar with his surgery last year. I just have this feeling that he's going to come back strong this spring and surprise everyone (save for the few who've had their eye on him for some time).

I know he was hitting 93-94 with great command before the surgery. So I'm really, really anxious to see what happens when he comes back this spring.

Keefer got dropped off the 40 man roster last March when we signed Trachsel. We were lucky to resign him to a minor league contract this offseason.

I really like Keefer and would love to see him in the Orioles bullpen for the next 6 years.

Well, my boy Ryan Adams was outside the BA Top 30. I hope he can rebound.

I like two of the later picks in 2007 as deep sleepers - Mariotti and Moore.

I also believe that Mahoney will have better success than earlier attempts at big raw power at 1B like Fleischer and Martinez.

My sleeper is Blake Davis. This will be his second full year and that is the year he broke out in a big way in college. He is a scrappy smart player just the type to come out of no where. I just have a feeling he needed to get used to the wood bat. Pitching wise it is tougher but I will say Kyle Schmidt.

Keefer got dropped off the 40 man roster last March when we signed Trachsel. We were lucky to resign him to a minor league contract this offseason.

I really like Keefer and would love to see him in the Orioles bullpen for the next 6 years.

Yeah, that thought hit me when I was lying in bed, and I decided I'd just let it go because I didn't want to get back up and because I knew someone would post an update on him --thanks! :D

Still, it would be cool if he did well. I'm hoping for the best.

My sleeper is Blake Davis. This will be his second full year and that is the year he broke out in a big way in college. He is a scrappy smart player just the type to come out of no where. I just have a feeling he needed to get used to the wood bat. Pitching wise it is tougher but I will say Kyle Schmidt.

Blake would be my second pick.

I'd might throw Berken in there too. He has a rather menacing look about him.

I agree on Jason Berken. He seems like a second half player to me. He was lights out when we drafted him after having a so-so college season that season then was knocked around coming out of Spring training and was much better in the second half at Frederick.

Archived