Sox considering a Lester-for-Kemp trade

Aglets

Source: http://www.csnne.com/boston-red-sox/report-sox-considering-lester-kemp-trade?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

What are your thoughts?

Kemp is hitting .277/.343/.432/.775 so far this year for LAD.

He is making $21M this year and will be making about that much every year between now and 2019, when he will be 34 years old.

I think I'm rooting for this trade to happen provided that Boston pays most of the salary.........Kemp strikes me as the type likely to break down.

I would hope he's joking about coming back after the season. The Sox have really treated him bad during the negotiations. The Dodgers would probably offer him just shy of Kershaw.

I doubt Lester makes anything close to Kershaw (7/$215 mm). Lester's a very good pitcher, 30 years old with a career ERA+ of 120. Kershaw is 26 years old with an ERA+ of 150, who has led the NL in ERA three years in a row.

Lester might approach the contract given to Cole Hammels (career ERA+ of 124; 7/$153 mm). But he's a little older, so I won't be surprised if he gets a deal shorter than 7 years.

I would hope he's joking about coming back after the season. The Sox have really treated him bad during the negotiations. The Dodgers would probably offer him just shy of Kershaw.

Oh, he'll come back next season to Fenway. He'll just be wearing pinstripes.

Archived