• Troy "Tulowizki"
    • Koji Uehara
    • John Lackey
    • Dallas Keuchel
    • Ben Zobrist

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd take David Price with an extension of some sort. Same with Lester.

I do no think that an extension can be part of this exercise. Nor do I think either pitcher would be interested. No matter where or how much.

I do no think that an extension can be part of this exercise. Nor do I think either pitcher would be interested. No matter where or how much.

No deal then, I wouldn't take anyone else on the list for the guys we would be giving up.

I wouldn't trade the farm as set in these parameters. But I would think long and hard about a Bundy and Rodriguez for Price (even without the extension).

I would do that in an instant (we would have Price for next year too right?). So what you give up Bundy for a true ace for the rest of this season and next. Bundy could turn into Ben McDonald who wasnt the ace we all hoped for. Price is a legit #1 and bumps the top of the rotation down to where they would be on most contender teams. Tillman would be a #2, Gausman a #3, Gonzo #4, and Norris/Chen #5. That would be a sick rotation.

If we're talking some serious salary relief then someone like Hamels would be nice. I refuse to imagine a scenario where we give up a top prospect for an expensive rental.

I would trade a lot for Stanton. I'd trade Machado plus for Stanton.

If we're talking some serious salary relief then someone like Hamels would be nice. I refuse to imagine a scenario where we give up a top prospect for an expensive rental.

I would trade a lot for Stanton. I'd trade Machado plus for Stanton.

And it would probably take Machado, Gausman/Bundy, Harvey plus a lesser prospect to get him. I'm not sure I would do that. Then who plays 3rd? Losing Machado, Davis, Markakis Wieters, Hardy would kill this team offensively.

Why does our window close after next year? Is it because Davis and Wieters are most likely gone?

I'm not sure that the window closes, but our team will be so dramatically different by 2016, it is impossible to plan on taking anything to the bank. There will be much more turnover than just Davis and Wieters. Ubaldo and Jones are the only non-arb players on the current roster signed for 2016.

I'm not sure that the window closes, but our team will be so dramatically different by 2016, it is impossible to plan on taking anything to the bank. There will be much more turnover than just Davis and Wieters. Ubaldo and Jones are the only non-arb players on the current roster signed for 2016.
All teams change. I have no reason to believe that our model is not sustainable.

Archived