• Troy "Tulowizki"
    • Koji Uehara
    • John Lackey
    • Dallas Keuchel
    • Ben Zobrist

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here. One player won't win you a title and all it takes is one injury..

If anything, Ubaldo should be a lesson that big name and big money does not equal big performance.

Stick with the rotation we have.

While Suzuki intrigues me, I wouldn't mess with the catchers either, as they seem to be having some good success with our pitching staff.

The only clear upgrades left are at 1st and second base. We know Davis isn't going anywhere, but I think I would push hard for Chase Utley. That is about the only move would make, and even then I wouldn't give the Phillies much for him, it would have to be primarily a salary dump.

I change the parameters. Anyone of Hamels, Lester, or Price. They are elite pitchers. Assuming extensions could be worked out for two of the three I'd give them Bundy, EdRod, Berry, and MiGo. He's controllable and a proven pitcher in the AL East.

Other than that, we have a potential ace in Gausman. I'll ride it out.

Giancarlo Stanton

Slightly lesser package for Adrian Beltre.

(Apologize for the aside) Stanton is leading the NL in RBI with 69, on pace for 106. The last time someone led the NL in RBI with less than 106 was Willie McCovey's 105 in the famous pitcher-centric 1968. Al Rosen led the AL with 105 in '52. Prior to that it's the deadball era. How quickly we've descended into a pitcher's era.

I change the parameters. Anyone of Hamels, Lester, or Price. They are elite pitchers. Assuming extensions could be worked out for two of the three I'd give them Bundy, EdRod, Berry, and MiGo. He's controllable and a proven pitcher in the AL East.

What would you give without an extension?

(Apologize for the aside) Stanton is leading the NL in RBI with 69, on pace for 106. The last time someone led the NL in RBI with less than 106 was Willie McCovey's 105 in the famous pitcher-centric 1968. Al Rosen led the AL with 105 in '52. Prior to that it's the deadball era. How quickly we've descended into a pitcher's era.

Yup, all we needed was for most of the PED users to stop and the emergence of the shift as baseball's #1 defensive weapon. The ability to hit the ball to all fields may soon be one of the most highly valued skills.

Yup, all we needed was for most of the PED users to stop and the emergence of the shift as baseball's #1 defensive weapon. The ability to hit the ball to all fields may soon be one of the most highly valued skills.

You don't give any credit to the new generation of pitchers that have been drafted and developed? I don't think the shift and a lack of PED's are causing the spike in K rates.

I would. But just Trout.

There's nobody on this list I'd trade straight up for one of Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey.

I would assume the exercise is a success then. Because I think based on the devaluation of prospects in trades recently that the price of seven of the players on this list are at least the three that I have suggested.

But Harvey is off the table?

And it would probably take Machado, Gausman/Bundy, Harvey plus a lesser prospect to get him. I'm not sure I would do that. Then who plays 3rd? Losing Machado, Davis, Markakis Wieters, Hardy would kill this team offensively.

I think something like Machado, Bundy/Harvey, EdRod could get it done. Plus we're losing Davis and Wieters anyways and we could probably extend Hardy pretty easy though I doubt he offers a whole lot offensively from here on out to be honest.

Anyways, something like that would literally never happen so it's pointless to discuss really.

Archived