• Matt Kemp
    • David Price
    • Troy "Tulowizki"
    • Koji Uehara
    • John Lackey
    • Dallas Keuchel
    • Ben Zobrist

I would. But just Trout.

There's nobody on this list I'd trade straight up for one of Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey.

I react the same way -- but then this little voice whispers to me about all the glorious Bird pitching prospects who somehow never made it. Is there a point where you would lean toward what a player has already done vs what another might do?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I react the same way -- but then this little voice whispers to me about all the glorious Bird pitching prospects who somehow never made it. Is there a point where you would lean toward what a player has already done vs what another might do?

What relevance is there between prospects now and 10 years ago when there has been close to 100% position turnover?

Do you think PA is doing something to ruin them?

Yeah, I am pretty happy with the direction that our organization has gone the last 8 years. I think now even more than the past developing controllable assets is how a team other than the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers is permitted to survive.

Lets make a move already, trade Harvey and EdRod idc. I've been through "future ace or solid starter for orioles" too many times. We're staring at two of them in Britton and Matusz, I don't even want to start a list of the guys who should be pitching for us right now. If we can have someone that is proving what they have now, and can help us down the stretch and the playoffs just pull the trigger. I will say I don't want Lester if he's not going to resign, but a Cole Hamels, Sale or David Price. I refuse to believe if we called about Sale offering Harvey, EdRod and something else they wouldn't listen

What relevance is there between prospects now and 10 years ago when there has been close to 100% position turnover?

Do you think PA is doing something to ruin them?

No, not Angelos, but I still haven't seen the Birds do a good job though the system developing pitching prospects. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

No' date=' not Angelos, but I still haven't seen the Birds do a good job though the system developing pitching prospects. This has been discussed ad nauseum.[/quote']

We developed Matt Wieters, Kevin Gausman, Zach Britton, Manny Machado, Jon Schoop, Zach Hader, Caleb Joseph, among other major leaguers playing elsewhere. Recently. So the denigration of our development is simply an indictment of of drafts of the past. I think the ad nauseous is simply the fact that we are trying to apply the old excuses to a modern issue.

No' date=' not Angelos, but I still haven't seen the Birds do a good job though the system developing pitching prospects. This has been discussed ad nauseum.[/quote']

Right with one group using examples from 10-15 years ago and the other group asking what relevance they have since all the scouting/drafting/developmental people have changed in the interim.

Sometimes the folks from the first group say the O's are cursed. Those are my favorite.

Yeah, I am pretty happy with the direction that our organization has gone the last 8 years. I think now even more than the past developing controllable assets is how a team other than the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers is permitted to survive.

What young pitcher would you point to who came up through the farm system during that 8 years? Gausman? Maybe ..... I sure hope so, but I need more time before I'm convinced.

What young pitcher would you point to who came up through the farm system during that 8 years? Gausman? Maybe ..... I sure hope so' date=' but I need more time before I'm convinced.[/quote']

I have no issue at all with how Britton has turned out, considering the shoulder injury. O's certainly got their monies worth out of the Johnson pick as well.

But Harvey is off the table?

Yes, at least for now. To me he has the best pedigree of them all and he hasn't even grown into his body yet. He could fill out and ADD velocity. He's got mechanics, he's savvy beyond his years and has two plus pitches with a third on the way. He's been groomed for this since he was a kid.

Gausman is already here, so, why would we sell a commodity who's ML ready?

Archived