Andrew Miller Trade to Orioles

FlipCup

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't we fire Duquette and hire you? How many times have you been out to see Eduardo pitch this year or ever? Let's see your detailed scouting reports on him.

I've been out to see him pitch several times in person. He is a very good prospect. And he was the price that it took to fill a huge need for our playoff run and postseason.

It's a message board. There's nothing wrong with his comment. Unless you intend to back up why you don't like the trade, it's just an irrational thought.

I've already backed it up. His worth is much more than what we got. Even if you don't think he's going to pan out, you can get more than we got.

He's also very young' date=' so it's not as if he is even close to being at that age where you have to worry about his AA struggles. In fact, it should probably be expected.

And it's not a question of what the player ends up being, and what guarantees there are for it. It's a question of what is his value at right now, and what did you get for that current value.[/quote']

We got a dominant left handed relief pitcher for a post season push for him. This is a good trade at this time for the O's. I am number one guy that says do not trade the farm, but this one makes sense. And Miller is a flat out killer Lefty relief pitcher. This guy is gonna help us a lot.

I've been out to see him pitch several times in person. He is a very good prospect. And he was the price that it took to fill a huge need for our playoff run and postseason.

Thanks for the input Weams, and that's exactly right. We have to give quality to receive quality. Our bullpen is absolutely filthy.

That's what you do when you are contending and trying to win. No one on that list would contribute anything in Baltimore until maybe 2016 or 2017 if ever.

Exactly right. This is what you do -- trade a good prospect, preferably not your best prospects -- when you are trying to win this year's World Series, not the 2017 WS.

So you make the mistake and get mad at everyone else? Maybe you shouldn't have acted like such a know it all to begin with then?

Oh I'm sorry, you must be one of the perfect people here. I made a mistake and admitted it. Yet some of you continue to post about the mistake, including calling me a liar!

Archived