I Just watched Austin Jackson Taken Out of the Game ......

OFFNY

o

...... in the middle of an inning, at 5 minutes before 4 P.M.

They needed to have him out of the game before 4 P.M. in the event that he needed to be traded.

He got a standing ovation from the crowd at Comerica Park, and he got a bunch of hugs and smiles from his teammates in the dugout, who may be seeing him for the last time as a Tiger.

I'm not sure if this has ever happened before, but it's the first time that I actually saw it happen live (on WGN-Chicago.)

One of the benefits of the White Sox being my second favorite team :laughlol:

Shades of Joel Youngblood getting a hit for 2 different teams in the same day in 1982 (for the Mets in an afternoon game against the Cubs, and for the Expos in a night game against the Phillies.)

o

...... in the middle of an inning, at 5 minutes before 4 P.M.

They needed to have him out of the game before 4 P.M. in the event that he needed to be traded.

He got a standing ovation from the crowd at Comerica Park, and he got a bunch of hugs and smiles from his teammates in the dugout, who may be seeing him for the last time as a Tiger.

I'm not sure if this has ever happened before, but it's the first time that I actually saw it happen live (on WGN-Chicago.)

One of the benefits of the White Sox being my second favorite team :laughlol:

Shades of Joel Youngblood getting a hit for 2 different teams in the same day in 1982 (for the Mets in an afternoon game against the Cubs, and for the Expos in a night game against the Phillies.)

I saw part of that, too. Seems like a well-liked player by both his teammates and the fans. Pretty cool way to go out.

Archived